Thigh lift pics?

sablouwho
on 4/19/09 10:32 am - La La Land, CA
Hi Dr. Agha,

Can you assist with some terminology? Does the medial thigh lift refer to the procedure that goes down the inner part of the thigh, from groin to knee?

The terms I've heard kicked around are:

- inner thigh lift
- medial thigh lift
- vertical thigh lift

However I'm unsure if these are all three different names for the same thing or if they are in fact different techniques. (And then there is your spiral technique, which I gather is different from all of the above.)

Best,

Cindy

~Cindy  

Watch my first appearance on
The Doctors TV Show   (aired Dec 2008)
Plastics done by Siamak Agha, MD (lower body lift/spiral thigh lift) in Dec 2009, breast 

Cynthia's Lower Body Lift procedure by Dr. Siamak Agha
 this includes footage from my first and second appearance on The Doctors as well as footage of my actual surgery

Siamak Agha MD PhD
on 4/19/09 10:43 am - Newport Beach, CA
Unfortunately, the terminology is not consistent in Plastic Surgery and PSs use the terms loosely.  "Plasty" means moving tissue from one location to another to create form.

Cindy, in my opinion and in my presentations (as in the UCLA one last week), I use the inner thigh lift as a Lift Procedure.  This is the same as the medical thigh lift.  I use the vertical thighplasty as a means of reducing the horizontal laxity.  This procedure will leave a scar from the groin to the inner knee.  I rarely have to use it. 

Most my patients are very satisfied with the Spiral thigh Lift which is a lift and a reductive procedure.  It works well for the milder horizontal laxities (most patients). 

Siamak Agha MD PhD
Board Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society of Plastic Surgery
Specializing in Post-Bariatric Plastic Surgery
www.plasticsurgerycal.com

sablouwho
on 4/19/09 10:56 am - La La Land, CA
Thanks for the clarification -- it helps.

And I forgot to say -- the link to the photos of "totalfreedom" are amazing. Beautiful results.
~Cindy  

Watch my first appearance on
The Doctors TV Show   (aired Dec 2008)
Plastics done by Siamak Agha, MD (lower body lift/spiral thigh lift) in Dec 2009, breast 

Cynthia's Lower Body Lift procedure by Dr. Siamak Agha
 this includes footage from my first and second appearance on The Doctors as well as footage of my actual surgery

totalfreedom
on 4/19/09 1:54 pm - Northern CA
Hi trudi,

I just posted my 16 week post op pictures.  I had a thigh lift with my LBL The incisions are strategically located just below my butt and inside the upper thigh.

here is the link to my post: 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/3914236/16- wks-Post-Op-Before-and-After-photos/

My incisions are nice, thin and flat.  They are still red/purple at this point but that is to be expected at this stage.  I think they can take up to two years to fade away.

(I am the patient Dr. Agha mentioned, total freedom) 

Kelli
5' 1, 221pds to 120pds, BMI: 42.5 to 22.8, Size 22WP to 2P.  
Dr. Agha-Newport Beach, CA:  
12.29.08:TT/LBL/UTL/BL/Butt Aug!
 5.10.09: Face/Neck Lift,Implants,lipo, lower eyelids,fat transfer

Most Active