shellymor
on 5/17/11 1:09 pm - TX
Laura, you are in terrific hands! Best wishes on your surgery-
Laura in Texas
on 5/18/11 10:37 am
Thanks, Shelly!!  I'm so excited!! 

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

scalingback1
on 5/23/11 8:49 am - Mashpee, MA

Laura that is so exciting!!  Can't wait to hear all about it.  You will be in my thoughts.
Paula

First goal reached at one year.    
 "What is, is. What will be, is what you make it."  Unknown

Laura in Texas
on 5/23/11 8:53 am
Thanks, Paula!!  I'm beyond excited!! I just want to feel human again and not like a shar pei. 

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Crazeru
on 5/18/11 9:44 am
I went out of country to Dr Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico.  I had the works done.  I'm 4 months out.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

asoulinrhyme
on 5/24/11 5:48 am
I have been hearing great things about Dr. Lomanaco. I am not near Houston. How did you go about getting a virtual consult?

Good luck on this exciting step of the journey!

Banded 7/29/08

Starting Weight: 240         Goal Weight: 140            Current Weight: 119

Raven300
on 5/24/11 11:39 am
 HI!

I sent an email to Dr. L after reading his website and all of the posts here. There is a ton of information and additional information on his website and you can read over 300 answers that he provided on the realself.com website.  

In my email I included a list of what procedures I was interested in and photos (sans head) of the front, back, and sides of my body. Dr. L responded with his opinons and suggestions. I then sent thru a massive list of questions (maybe 40?). I received a 14min podcast time sound file where he answered my concerns and explained the procedure step by step.  I got a quote from his office staff in a separate email.  

I have decided to go ahead and use Dr. Lomanaco for my surgeries.  He is more expensive and the after care is less than what I would receive in Mexico. However, I think the results will be better with Dr. L.  He seems very results oriented and staged my surgery to get the most from each operation. He is also seems very concerned for my safety and health. Good point, really, no point in getting an awesome body if I am not alive to show it off!

Plus - I just liked him from the taped responses to my questions. He seems warm, concerned, and positive. He also seems to explain the outcome very realistically.

It was a tough call and the money is a factor, but in the end I decided that I will shell out the big bucks to get what I think is the best possible outcome. I have to live in my skin for the next 20-40 years and want my best chance at being happy in it.

Good luck!
     HW-345,SW-300, CW-144lbs.  DS 5/11/10. 
     First round of plastics with Dr. LoMonaco 11/8/11  LBL, BL. 14lbs of skin removed.
     2nd round with Dr. LoMonaco 2/8/12 Brachioplasty, Thigh lift,  Breast Implants.

misseye
on 5/24/11 10:32 am
I used dr lo.  I liked him alot and would use him again.  I had complications (ok, so it doesn't sound like a recomendation, but it is because sometimes they happen no matter who you use) and am super glad I went with a US doctor.  I had top care for my complications and recovered much better then I would have if I had a less skilled and expierenced doctor.
Missy

Most Active