Incision Bleeding AND Belly Button - 2.5 weeks out

LadyJwb
on 8/16/11 11:46 am - Philadelphia, PA
yep happen to me I'm only 15days out but i think it happen when i decided to sleep more on my side (was tired of sleeping on my back...ugh) It was the best sleep I've had i tell you and my navel closed u a little as well. I see my surgeon tomorrow i will share what he says. I also still have a drain tube left in and its clear to mid pink.
Amy Smith
on 8/16/11 12:23 pm
UPDATE:
I saw one of my PS's partners this afternoon.  Welcome to more antibiotics!  For whatever reason my drain has slowed down (he thinks there is some thick stuff trying to drain through there) so come to find out I have a hole in the bottom of my belly button where all of this drainage is coming from AND the inceision area that was necrosis is opening up AND there is a particular are (about 2" wide that is WIDE open so it is draining.  He said that this too will pass, but I need to be prepared to a long healing process and to just keep changing the dressing and taking the "heavy hitter" antibiotic.

Hope you all don't have incisional bleeding or a belly button that bleeds...not a good thing.  Apparently the swelling is looking for "the weakest area" to escape!

Thank you all for your support.  It means the world to me.  Today has been a very emtional day as I was supposed to do something for a friend this afternoon that I had to back out on.  I should have known things were going too smoothly.
Laura in Texas
on 8/16/11 8:40 pm
Awwwwww.... sorry Amy!! I hope it heals quickly!!

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

09free2beme
on 8/18/11 1:26 pm - AK
Most Active