3 week update - LBL

K. L
on 6/29/13 1:05 pm
RNY on 08/20/12
I agree with the not having to go back for a while thing. I had my 1.5 week checkup, and now don't see him again for 6 weeks. I feel like I'll have so many questions between now and then!
MyBariatricLife
on 6/30/13 9:30 am

I have not seen my surgeon since 1 week post op. I see him mid July for my 3-mos post op. I look a lot different, LOL!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

lptazbear66
on 7/7/13 8:59 am - Murfreesboro, TN

What size were you prior to surgery?  I am really curious if I will go down any sizes.  currently i am a size 8-10 weighing 155 at 5'4"

RNY at Vanderbilt Nashville, TN July 26, 2010 with Dr Clements. All loss is post op        
RobynJC
on 7/8/13 1:18 am

I was a size 10-12 (and I could squeeze into an 8 on some styles, but not enough for me to buy the 8).  Size large, some mediums.   I was 170lbs, 5' 2.5" 

Now, I'm 158 and fitting in sizes 2-8.  And smalls or mediums.  The more I shop, the more I realize that women's clothing designers are the spawn of the devil.  I can't belive how different the sizing is across designers/styles.  

I have a size 4 NYDJ capris, but also a size 6 New York and Ann Taylor capris and size 8 Lee, Style and  Ann Taylor Loft capris.  They all fit just about the same.  I don't remember the brand name of the size 2s I squeezed into, but that was yet another designer.  

After my LBL, I went down inches, so that is definitely changing my body type.  I no longer have saddle bags or a pouchy belly, so I know I will be down sizes in the end.  My best guess is that I will probably be around a size 6 give or take a size depending on the style.  I do hope to lose a little more weight, but if I don't, I am still thrilled.  

Most Active