Advice on Post Op Clothes and Aftercare Needed, Please

MyBariatricLife
on 8/24/13 7:44 am

No, he does not use compression garments.I will have to ask him about being able to sit on the toilet or not. 

Good luck with your arms next week. I will be thinking of you so please keep me posted!!! And I am glad that you are so very happy with your surgeon-patient relationship. Rapport is very important.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

alla B.
on 8/26/13 12:58 am

Hi,

Just saw your post. Please make sure you have buttons front shirts for arm lift.

You will not be able to lift your arms for 2 weeks even more.

Dr Capella does very tight insicion, you know.

But on arms it feels extremely tight.Please stay in rehab as long as possible and please try to keep abd pads under armpits as long as you can, you know my story.

I wish I can keep you a company , but my work schedule is crazy 9 to 700 pm .

I still think you will have a lot of surgery and I wish you all the best, you are very brave, smart women!

Keep in touch,

Alla

PART 1 VSG  03/28/2006;  PART 2   DS  01/31/20007

MyBariatricLife
on 8/26/13 8:50 am, edited 8/26/13 8:51 am

Thank you, Alla!!! I sure hope that we get to see each other. I know two other of Dr. C's patients in the area. We should all try to get together for dinner. It would be so cool to do that on the 9th - the night before my surgery. I am definitely going to ask Terry to book me in the rehab for 3 nights versus the hospital for one night (same price).

I went to a ton of stores today and could not find any snap/button front shirts or PJs that would work. What I found was either HUGE (even the XS shirt and PJs were huge) or EXPENSIVE ($108 for a sweat jacket that I will likely get goo on). I bought a sports bra thinking that I may be able to pull it up over my hips and can wear it under one of the few zippered hoodies that I already own??? I am wearing the sports bra right now because it smooshes down my boobs and I was curious how I would look with small boobs versus big ones. It is not as bad as I thought.

Does Dr. Capella give you the pads for the arms or is this something that I need to buy?

Hahaha, we shall see how smart I am when I am through the surgery and in the rehab :-)

Thanks for your nice note! Cheryl

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

alla B.
on 8/27/13 2:54 am

I would like to meet on Oct 9.

Can you come to NYC or we should meet in new Jersey?

hey will give you couple pads, but you can buy them.

Just keep them under arms to prevent moisture, then incisions will not open.

Alla

PART 1 VSG  03/28/2006;  PART 2   DS  01/31/20007

MyBariatricLife
on 8/27/13 11:44 am

That is great! I will send you a PM about dinner. 

I did have Terry change my reservation to the rehab for 3-nights... Dr. Capella said he will want to see how stable I am after surgery and if need be I can stay at the hospital.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

MyBariatricLife
on 9/8/13 9:36 am

Let's meet in NYC. PM me with a time and place, please!!!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

jsm
on 9/8/13 3:55 am

We can be surgery buddies since I'm scheduled for a thigh lift on November 7th.  You are very brave to be going through all these procedures at once and by yourself.  I will be sending healing prayers your way. 

JoAnne

MyBariatricLife
on 9/8/13 4:14 am

Thanks, JoAnne, I have decided to stay in a hotel afterwards versus my friends house. I want to be really close to my surgeon in case I need him. My friends are quite a ways away and transportation would be such a hassle. I would be taking the train by myself, switching trains, getting a cab, and it is 115 min each way. I think that is too much with all my stitches and the narcotics I will be on. And to be honest, I think I'd rather be with myself and have privacy.

i wish you well on your surgery!!!! Who is doing your thigh lift? Is your incision going down to your knee?

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Mlkpas
on 9/8/13 5:02 am, edited 9/8/13 5:05 am - Pasadena, CA

If you are still looking for post-op clothes, I wanted to point you to these fantastic button-front drawstring-waist pj's from Dearfoam, on sale super cheap here: http://www.bonton.com/shop/women/pajamas-robes/pajama-sets/dearfoams-crop-pajama-set-sweet-blue-stripe_596582.html?query=women%27s+pajamas.  I bought them in five different colors and am so, so, SO happy with them.  I sized up to size M from my usual size S for post-op and they have been perfect.

ETA: Just got an email with coupon code YELLOWDOT98 for an extra 20% off!  :)

I'm 5'2" and 55 years old.  VSG 3/17/10

MyBariatricLife
on 9/8/13 9:46 am

Wow, what a great sale. Thanks! I did find my PJs though. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Most Active