Did United Healthcare Cover Your Plastics?

MyBariatricLife
on 1/30/14 12:47 pm

Good for you!!! Yeah, if I was smart I would have asked for a breast reduction instead of a breast lift. Same procedure, different billing codes!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/14 6:36 am

wHAT UNITED PLAN DO YOU HAVE AND WHAT IS THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THE PLAN?  I AM IN THE MIDST OF APPEALS AND IF WE NEED TO CHANGE PLANS AT THE COMPANY IN CAN FACILITATE THAT. 

TANYA

Sookie77
on 2/5/14 7:02 pm - Milton, NH

I go for my consultation and scheduling on Monday with the plan of having surgery the following week.  I am excited nervous and ready all at the same time.  we are still building a case for the TT.

You may be only one person in the world, but to someone you are the world

MyBariatricLife
on 2/9/14 4:44 am

Good luck tomorrow! Let me know how you make out!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

LilSleeved
on 2/7/14 5:08 pm

each of us have different coverage determined by our employers. I have UHC and they have a total exclusion for ALL plastics post weight loss. No exceptions ever. My friend has UHC and she has had almost everything covered without any difficulty. Each person needs to just call their own company and get the requirements. What one person has covered, most likely will not be the case for others.

Lost 271lbs with my LapBand in 22 months!  My Band malfunctioned and I gained almost 42lbs and then revised to the Sleeve 9/24/12!  I lost another 140 lbs with my Sleeve!  Loved the LapBand and Lovin' The Sleeve!

MyBariatricLife
on 2/9/14 4:43 am

Yes, I need to do this.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

JazzyOne9254
on 2/9/14 2:29 am

My Thigh reduction is being covered by UHC, under the Medicare Complete plan.

My surgery was medically necessary due to thigh skin that kept me from walking unaided.

The surgery will be staged due to the amount of skin to be removed.

Stage One was done December 27, 2013.  Healing and waiting for Stage Two.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

MyBariatricLife
on 2/9/14 4:43 am

Good for you! I know you had a battle to get them to cover you. WTG!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Most Active