Multiple Procedures at the Same Time

ChaChaCha
on 11/10/14 9:34 am - Cleveland, OH

Hi Stephanie,

My surgeon would agree with the second doc you mention.  My surgeon recommends NOT doing an LBL with a thighplasty because he said they are actually opposing vectors of tension, and combining them will not achieve an optimal result.  So whoever told you that is probably accurate. 

I can tell you that my first procedure was an LBL with great results.  But my legs were so dimpled, loose, etc. and I grew to despise the "banana roll" of fat on the back of my thighs.  So I had a standalone thighplasty.  It yielded dismal results.  Reason being is the surgeon went too conservative and didn't pull the skin tight enough.  And he over-lipo'd the back of my thighs, causing a sag in my butt and a nice "banana roll" of fat under my butt.  After a few consultations with a different surgeon he suggested I have a revised LBL, stating that he could achieve better results pulling the skin vertically and removing the banana roll and looseness in my legs (made perfect sense to me).  He said if I wasn't happy with that he would do a standalone thighplasty down the road.  Well, I am THRILLED with the results of the LBL so far.  Amazing.  So give this some thought.  Please PM if you want more details.  Happy to help.  Where do you live?   

"We live in a society where it's more socially acceptable to be a junkie than it is to be overweight."     --CC Deville, guitarist for Poison    
Crazeru
on 11/10/14 10:19 am

I had an LBL, sm thigh lift, Breast lift and arms under twilight sedation in a 12 hr operation.  No problems with recovery.  I was 58.  Not a spring chicken by any means.  I did take off 8 weeks before returning to work.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/11/14 3:57 pm

I had a LBL with Long thigh and massive Lipo done, My LBL included the anchor cut TT.  No problems whatsoever.  He took enough skin off to leave me with a very flat and lovely tummy.  I also had no problems with my thigh healing.  My surgery took 15 hours plus a few mins.  Epidural with twilight sleep.  NO general anesthesia.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Shannon M.
on 11/14/14 11:45 pm - CA

Hi... how do you feel about your anchor incision now?  I met Dr. S. and he offered it as an option. 

Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/15/14 12:04 am

I love it! I have a waist and no muffin top above the belly button. No regrets at all! 

Shannon M.
on 11/15/14 5:16 am - CA

I am so worried about that verticle scar :0 he said I could lose more weight and then revisit the anchor at that point. I could possibly go without it. Idk...I don't want to wait forever. Were you at goal weight? I am 175 now.. I look fine I suppose wear a 10/12 but he suggested 145!

Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/19/14 2:55 pm

What's your BMI now?  I know that many p.s. avoid doing work if their patients have a BMI greater than 30.  The change of complications increases if the BMI is greater than 30.  Your result will suffer also if you do have weight to lose - and even more if you lose it post op.  I have staged my skin removal since I have lost so much weight.  I have no regrets, however, it has cost me more and it meant that I have had to return to the OR several more times.  IT's truly best to get to your lowest - healthest weight, BMI as close to 25 - and no intention to gain or lose any more weight.  Good luck!

buzzmaam
on 11/16/14 12:44 am

I went for two consults. The first didn't hesitate to do upper and l and lower body lift and arm lift all at once. It was about 8-9 hour surgery. The second surgeon would not do all three together but, although he preferred not, he would do two. He said between the length of anesthesia time, the increase risk of infection, and the general difficulty in recovery makes it more everything more risky. I opted to do all procedures separately. His fee is the same no matter if done individually or together. The hospital and anesthesia increase, to me, was nominal considering the chances for a less risky outcome.

Arm lift was in July 2014. LBL will be December 9, and upper body with augmentation will be in 2015.

Sleeved 1/16/13; HW: 293  DOS: 265  CW: 165  GW: 158;

Arm Lift July 2014; LBL Dec 2014;

UBL w/augmentation and thigh lift Feb 25, 2015

stoutts
on 11/16/14 1:04 am

3 different docs for me and all said the same thing-they didn't want to do too many procedures at one time. They would do LBL OR a BL/BA and TT.  Even though its more money-I like the safety aspect. I've worked to hard to get where I am to wake up on the wrong side of the grass because of plastics.  Good luck!

Most Active