Compression Garments yes or no?

Crazeru
on 7/13/16 11:53 am

Compression garments were my friend.  I drew the swell hell card.  Wore both the breast/arm and abdominal for 3 months, then just the abdominal nightly pretty much for 2 yrs, until I had my upper body lift.  6 weeks and gone for good.  It did help for me to look normal in the mornings and most of the day.  By night time I looks like I was ready to deliver a 6lb baby. 

I also felt more comfortable in the garments.  They held everything in and together.  Worked well for holding the silicone strips on the incisions too.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/16 7:03 pm

Holy COW  R U Kidding me YES please wear them for at least six weeks especially after liipo ...

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/16 7:05 pm

You hav Ur answer here Grrl.... the best results come from TIGHT  compression garments worn around the clock....

Nikke2003
on 7/15/16 6:51 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

My doctor didn't have me use them, never even mentioned them. I never noticed any tremendous swelling and everything was fine!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Amber J.
on 7/15/16 1:32 pm - Kirkland, WA

I'm at a similar point post LBL as you. I just posted my 2 week post-op photos and, after looking at yours as well, I have a LOT less swelling. I have been using compression garments 24/7 since the day of my surgery and plan to use the mid thigh to ribs one that they gave me for at least a month. After that I'll probably still find a flexible waist trainer to use for a year or so. This is what my surgeon recommended.

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active