Just wondering...

Frosty-Lady
on 11/13/05 7:24 am - Earlton, NY
Hello, I was just wondering if anyone's doctor has told them that it is likely that their weight may not come off as quickly as some others because of the pcos? My clinical nutritionist has told me not to get discouraged if my weight doesn't come off as quickly and it was going to be much harder work for me.... Just wondering if anyone else has heard teh same thing. Thanks, Margo D.
DeniseinVA
on 11/14/05 10:58 am - Midlothian, VA
I asked a few people on the boards that had PCOS and they told me that they are doing just fine. I also asked my Nurse Practioner and she told me that my symptoms would be fine after the surgery. Keeping my fingers crossed. I have had PCOS for over 20 years and I am so tired of it! Hope that helps, Denise
Kristy T.
on 11/16/05 2:47 am - Stockton, CA
Hi Margo! I have PCOS and my weight came off nicely. I have gone from 254 to 137-140 and am maintaining nicely at my surgeon's goal. One thing you have to remember is that this surgery is different for everyone and everyone is going to loose differently. I also expected the weight to come off slowly and never really expected to reach my surgeon's goal of 140. I know people who's weight came off quickly, and others who's weight came off slowly...and so far as I know I'm the only one with PCOS (that I know personally)...oh wait...my friend has PCOS and is 2 years post op...and she's done well too! She started out at 376 and is now down to 175ish (she also has about 30 lbs of skin to be removed per her PS). Anyway...I know I'm babbling here...so...it all boils down to this. Everyone looses differently. Don't get discouraged if it comes off slower than you would expect...at least it's coming off. Good luck! Kristy 254/139/140
Angela S.
on 12/3/05 2:33 am - St. Ann, MO
My primary care physician was reluctant to even write me the letter I needed to get the surgery. He said that PCOS causes metabolic problems and making my stomach smaller is not going to help those problems. He wanted me to continue on the Metformin and see if my metabolism sped up. It did not and he wrote me the letter. I have not had my consult with the surgeon yet so I am not sure how PCOS will effect my weight loss but whatever help it does provide is better than the diet rollercoaster I have been on. Any loss to me at this point will be a god one! Good luck to you!
Frosty-Lady
on 12/3/05 10:43 am - Earlton, NY
Hi Angela, I had my surgery on October 24 and as of this date I have lost 50 pounds maybe a little more. I'm sure I will hit plateaus (sp) I have been having some "issues" with what foods I can tolerate...but over all I'm happy with my decision. Thanks for responding..I appreciate it... Margo D.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1045 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2992 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3602 views