1 week Post Op and back to normal - should I?

Ravenesqued
on 9/18/08 3:13 am, edited 9/18/08 3:13 am - Fullerton, CA

Hey Realize gang,
I am one week post op yesterday and I just want to be clear that the Realize band has no fill at the time of surgery -right?  This will explain why I now can chug my water.  I am in the mushy stage and I can have a pudding, yogurt and mash potatoes in one sitting also I have been able to eat a handful of cheez itz all mushy first.

My question is, 1) have you gained any weight after surgery waiting for your first fill in 6 weeks?  I totally feel back to normal as if I never even had the surgery.  I am concerned because I might forget to watch myself.  Also, 2) During the first fill are you still tender from the incision site before and after?

3) What is the reasoning behind not having the Realize band with any fill during surgery like the LapBand?

4) Any one from Orange County?

Lisabee
on 9/19/08 4:19 am
I got my realize band on 9/5 and had felt restrict son since day one until NOW 2 weeks post op.  Feels like things are getting harder.    I will however stay on my diet.    I am now on mushy foods, although I ate a  couple of bites of a cheese enchilada all mushed.  (gift to me) but got really full.

I am having pain around my port area still.   I can feel it when I move a certain way.   I am nervous also about my first fill which is Oct 2nd.      Stay with it and you will do good.   I have lost 13lbs since my surgery and now filp-flopping a 1lbs or 2.     Good luck to you.
Darrin D.
on 9/18/08 4:01 am - GA

Congrats on your Realization!!!!!!!

I know how you feel, I have been very careful to follow my bariatrians diet plan, but I have to wonder.  Most times when I eat I dont feel any restrictions at all, I feel like I could munch an entire pizza (I dont, but it feels that way).  

Stay with your diet plan-- it will work.  My plan was 2 weeks of liquid diet before the surgery, then 3 days clear liquid post op followed by 5 days of regular liquids, then puree's, now finally 3 weeks out I am at the mushy stage.  Even though I dont feel the restriction I have still lost nearly 25lbs since the surgery and 40lbs since the 2 week preop diet. 

Stick with it, believe in yourself and your plan.

2nd Fill 2.5cc's for a total of 6cc in a 10cc Realize Band
wildheart63
on 9/18/08 5:07 am - IL
CONGRATS ON YOUR SURGERY!!!!
 I WAS ONE DAY BEFORE YOU , I NEVER HAD ANY PAIN TOO DATE! I DID HAVE A LITTLE LEFT SHOULDER PAIN THE AFTERNOON OF THE SURGERY BUT THAT WENT AWAY. I AM SORE OR TENDER IN THE PORT SITE BUT NOTHING BIG. DR JOYCE DOES NOT PUT ANYTHING IN THE BAND BECAUSE YOUR STOMACH HAS TO HEAL FIRST.IT;S A BIG SURGERY AND THE BODY NEEDS TO HEAL FIRST. I HAVE SOME RESTRICTION SINCE DAY ONE AND YES I STILL HAVE SOME SWELLING BUT NOT LIKE THE FIRST FEW DAYS.IT'S GOING AWAY SLOWLY BUT I CAN FEEL MYSELF GETTING FULL AFTER A FEW SMALL ,SMALL BITES I HAVE LOST 7 LBS SINCE SURGERY.JUST TRY AND STICK TO THE DIET OF PROTIENS BECAUSE YOU NEED TO GET USED TO THAT WAY OF EATING...THIS IS THE TIME TO TEST YOUR FULL POWER....I EAT PROTIENS ONLY STILL AND I AM FULL
GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND STAY IN TOUCH
LORI 
Most Active