Anyone in GA able to get Ins. to pay

Elmcoach
on 9/23/08 2:29 am - The Rock, GA
The "intelligent" folks in our state decided about 3 yrs ago that the Stat Benefit plan for state employees would not covering anything that deals with obesity.  The irony is they also passed a law requiring insurance companies to offer treatment options for obesity.  The exclusion is with the state, not the ins!  I am starting collecting letters and things and I am contimplating a class action suit against the state  if needed.  They would rather pay the $10000 + medical bills every year than help me lose the weight.  Any help would be appreciated.  They used to cover the RNY until July 1, 2005.  my wife had hers on June 30, 2005.
pennyandcj
on 10/6/08 7:30 am - Carlton, GA
I am in Ga and got approved.  My insurance is Tricare.   When I worked for the State of GA , I had a coworker that got approved.  She had no problems.  Do you have health problems?  If so, I would appeal it.  Hope things work out for you.

God Bless,

Penny
tchrmom
on 10/6/08 10:03 am - Northeast, GA
The 2009 state employees'  insurance will cover as per our new open enrollment letter. I talked to someone at UHC and it will cover with the HRA plan. YAY!
Most Active