I am going weight what is wrong

slewi983
on 9/24/08 10:57 am - Warner Robins, GA
I am 4 weeks out from being banded but I am eating like a pig.  I use to have restriction and now I feel like there is none at all.  How do I get  control of this.  I am gaining some of my weight back that I lost.  I need help!!! Please anyone!!!
bornagain3
on 9/24/08 11:01 am - Scottsville, VA
If I were you, I would contact my surgeon.
reillye
on 9/24/08 11:14 am
It is common that after the swelling from surgery is gone that you have no restriction.  The band is put in unfilled.

This is where the dieting comes in.  Do what you did to diet beforehand.  Really go easy on portion size, as the band is still settling in to its space.  Hang in there until you get  your fill.  I know it's tough, believe me.  I did not get restriction until my 2nd fill, 6 months out.  Even now my restriction is only so-so.

This is a tool, and yes, you have to diet.  It will help you diet, but you have to put the work forth.

Best wishes.
Eileen
prical02
on 9/24/08 10:49 pm - Elm City, NC
I'd call my surgeon and ask if you can get a fill at your 6 week appointment.  I had 4 cc's put in at my first fill which was 10 weeks out and had some restriction for a few days.   I think most surgeons will do a fill at 6 or 8 weeks.  I gained 4 pounds before my first fill, though.  Don't beat yourself up.   I just had a second fill yesterday (1 cc) and I had lost 3 pounds.  I'm not feeling a lot of restriction, but from what I've read it can take a few days to kick in.  Good luck!

--Amanda 

Highest/Pre-op/Current/Goal
260/247/221.5/147
bornagain3
on 9/25/08 5:23 am - Scottsville, VA
This is all very interesting to me.  I had thought there would be automatic restriction!  I don't want to gain any weight be for my first fill, but it doesn't sound like it will be so easy at all.

Bornagain3
GAPEACHES
on 9/27/08 10:30 am
This is very interesting.  I thought it would be restrictions after the replacement of the lap band as well.  I definitely do not want to gain any weight.

Do you feel full at all after one cup of food?  Are you eating your proteins first?  I haven't gotten approved yet, but I am already having second thoughts.
LizzieBlitz
on 10/7/08 2:48 am - La Grange, NC
I was Realized on 6/24 and have had 1 fill so far.  I do get hungry but usually 1 to 1 1/2 cups of food fills me up.  I watch not only how much I eat but also what I eat and I am exercising 3 to 4 days a week.  I lost almost 30 pounds in the first few weeks after surgery.  Now my weight loss has slowed down and I am hoping for another fill at the end of this month.  Dont have second thoughts - I am so glad I did this - even if I dont lose much more it was still worth it.  I feel so much better.

rswint
on 10/8/08 3:45 am - Rose Bud, AR
None of us got fat overnight so we can't expect to lose it in even twice that time.  Understand that your physician probably isn't taking the time to tell you that he is for your own comfort and health taking his time in filling your band.  The Realize Band holds 9ccs of saline and after 4 fills I am up to 6.5 which is my "sweet spot".  I now enjoy a good restriction which allows me to eat, get full quickly and still swallow my own spit.  My friend uses another physician that is very aggressive with fills and she just got out of the hospital because she developed pneumonia as a result of being too tight too quickly. 
You will lose inches even when not losing pounds, I am down 40 pounds and 6 inches in each my hips and stomach since June 25th, it'll happen, just wait and see!!! 
The "restriction" you enjoyed after band placement was because the swelling was making you feel less hungry....this was not really restriction. 

LizzieBlitz
on 10/8/08 6:59 am - La Grange, NC
Thanks for taking the time to explain that to me

Jean D.
on 10/8/08 7:45 am
 How can inches come off without it showing up on the scale?
Most Active