Realize Band port clamps and airport security

tananarose
on 9/28/08 7:25 am - North Pole, AK
I had my surgery on the 23rd and I get to fly home on Oct 2, I was wondering in the port clamps register going thru security and if I need any documentation other than the ID I got at the hospital?   I have an appt with my Doc on Oct 1 and if needed can get something from him.  
Any info on this would be a big help.

Have a wonderful Sunday
Johanna
Darrin D.
on 9/28/08 7:43 am - GA
I havent done any traveling since I got my little buddy, but, I dont THINK they would give you any trouble, but, better safe than sorry.  If your doc can give you some kind of documentation then I would have it.  It would be a huge shame to get all the way there and then have to go back to the doctors office to get it, miss your flight, have to reschedule.....seems like a big ole pain in the butt.  If you dont need it, you can always file it away somewhere, or frame it as one more example of how silly our world is getting.

2nd Fill 2.5cc's for a total of 6cc in a 10cc Realize Band
bornagain3
on 9/28/08 10:31 am - Scottsville, VA
I don't fly very often, but we may fly to Florida in February.  I will be interested in knowing if we need specific documentation or not also.

Jeane 
lchops
on 9/28/08 8:39 pm - williamsburg, VA
just got back from vacation, no probl getting thru security, just bring your realize card with you and you will be fine
wannababy
on 9/29/08 12:12 am - St. Louis, MO
So did the metal detection go off?? And you had to show your Realize card? Thanks.
Highest: 338/Surgery Day: 303/Current: 270/Goal: 180
lchops
on 9/29/08 6:07 am - williamsburg, VA
no the alarm didnt go off, but i had my card and boarding pass in my hand in case it would have, I know my friend set off the one in jfk airport and handed the card to attendant it was fine
tananarose
on 9/29/08 6:39 am - North Pole, AK
Thanks for the answers, it helps to know I shouldn't be setting off any alarms. 

Have a wonderful day

Johanna
rockylinx
on 9/29/08 11:40 am
That was the first question I asked my friend that works for TSA. He's a screen-er at our major airport. He told me that 1 in 35 people have some form of metal in there body, whether it a frag from a grenade or the hip replacement grandma had. The airport people know what there doing. Having metal in your body is not that rare and is handled in a professional matter
Most Active