Oddball question

Darrin D.
on 9/29/08 10:31 am - GA
I was Realized about a month ago, since then the incision has closed up nicely and doesnt really give me a problem.  However, I was just on the Realize website and was showing a friend the animation of the surgery and I noticed something odd.  The video shows 4 or 5 little incisions plus the port site.  I only have 1 incision, kind of below my left nipple, about 2-3 inches long.  Is there another method for the procedure?

2nd Fill 2.5cc's for a total of 6cc in a 10cc Realize Band
tommiejean_27
on 9/30/08 11:25 am - Sherwood, AR
Wow, that is different.  I have 4 small incisions plus the slightly larger port incision!! 

Surgery Date - June 13, 2008

brnsugar91
on 9/30/08 1:51 pm
That is strange. I have four dot like sights plus the port incision site. I would ask your doctor the next time you see him or her. That does not sound right.

Let us know what the doctor says, I would be curious to find out.

Elayne2
on 10/2/08 12:12 am, edited 10/2/08 12:18 am - Dalton, PA
I've read about improvements to the actual procedure where they are now able to perform the surgery with only one incision.

I don't know what the criteria is for this - but  with my approval in the near future - I hope I'm eligible for this technique!

Here's a great link -
www.austinbariatricinstitute.com/surgical-procedures/single- incision-lap-band-weight-loss-surgery.htm
new-start
on 10/7/08 12:26 am
I am curious also, I have four small holes, but the main incision is under my right breast, which it sounds like many others is under the left.  I was wondering why I seem to be "backwards". 
LizzieBlitz
on 10/7/08 2:37 am - La Grange, NC
Mine is on the right side too.  And I have the 4 smaller incisions.

kellydv
on 10/11/08 10:10 am - Watertown, MA
I have 4 incisions plus the port incision and mine is under my right breast too - maybe its a surgeon option to put it where they deem fit or something?  I think we are probably the exception though rather than the rule because everything I'm reading is about 90% on the left side!!

Its nice to have someone else on the right!! 
Most Active