Port Site Will Not Close Up

debbih
on 9/29/08 9:25 am - San Antonio, TX
REALIZE Band on 09/09/08 with
Hi, I will be three weeks post-op on Tuesday.  My problem is that my port site incision will not close up and it's bleeding - not a lot, but enough to be irritating (no pain and not infected).  I replace the bandage at least two times a day.  The other incision sites have closed up fine.  I called my doctor but as luck would have it he's on vacation and they are trying to find one of his partners to see me this week, but don't have any openings at this time.  Any help would be appreciated.   
priss0619
on 9/30/08 12:19 am - NC
Hey, I had my realize band the same day as you. I am not having any problems with my port site, sorry no help there.  I hope things get better.
Missy T
brandileeha
on 9/30/08 1:32 am - Revere, MA
I had the same sort of problems and it turned out to be an infection, plus I let it go to long without being seen. I had to have my realize band port removed sept 2nd and I am having it replaced the first week of November. Im not trying to scare you but, its important you see someone. Dont wait till your doctor comes home from vacation. :)
wildheart63
on 9/30/08 4:30 am - IL
I HAD MY BAND DONE 9/9/08 AND I AM HAVING SOME ISSUES WITH SWELLING AND A LITTLE WEEPING ,BUT I THINK I AM HAVING AN ALLERGIC REACTION TO TAPE...BECAUSE IT'S A LITTLE PINK BUT NOT MUCH PAIN I CALLED THE DOC OFFICE AND THEY SAID TO KEEP IT DRY AND CLEAN AND I ALREADY HAD AN APPT FOR TOMORROW SO HE WILL CK IT OUT THEN AND I MAY HAVE TO GO ON ANTIBIOTICS...GO GET IT CK'D OUT EVEN IF IT IS THE ER
 GOOD LUCK
LORI
debbih
on 9/30/08 5:31 am - San Antonio, TX
Good news!! A partner in the practice is seeing me tomorrow.  Hopefully I can get this cleared up quickly.  Will keep everyone posted.
Bratty_Nicole
on 10/10/08 6:22 pm - Aurora, CO
On September 30, 2008 at 12:31 PM Pacific Time, debbih wrote:
Good news!! A partner in the practice is seeing me tomorrow.  Hopefully I can get this cleared up quickly.  Will keep everyone posted.
Sorry to be nosey, but what was the outcome with your doctor?  I hope all is well.
~Nicole  

I joined the Realize Band - 10/2/2008 

My blog:
www.nickleinapickle.blogspot.com
wildheart63
on 10/2/08 4:19 am - IL
i saw dr joyce yesturday and he said i had an allergic reaction to something,maybe the tape. he gave me a rx for some steroid cream(real expensive-thank god for ins copays) lol
anyway we will see but i put it on last night and it already made me feel better this morning.
debbih
on 10/29/08 3:56 am - San Antonio, TX
Hi Everyone,
Just a little update.  It was an infection and after several doctor appointments we could not clear up the infection so this Monday the port was removed.  Minor setback and I'll deal with it as best as I can.  Good thing is that my doctor was able to do a fill a couple of weeks ago so I can keep trying to lose weight while waiting for this to heal up.  Thanks to everyone for support, it meant a lot to me. 
Most Active