question

tiffghrist
on 10/14/08 12:48 pm
I had my band on 9/15/08 Last week I started eating soft foods and gained 4 pounds but lost 4 inches.  Has anyone else had this issue?  I am eating between 1/2 cup and 1 cup of food at each meal and not really hungry at all.  Seeing the gain bothered me, made me nervous.  All my friends have told me not to worry but I tend to ******vous nelly anyways.  

Tiffany   
priss0619
on 10/15/08 12:03 am - NC
Hello, I did gain 2 lbs after I started eating and like you I could see I was losing inches. I think that is normal. I have since lost those 2lbs and 4 more. I had my band on 9/9/08. I have been walking and I think some of the fat is turning to muscle and it weighs more. Do not get frustrated you are doing great. Maybe stay away from the scales for a week or so. I only weigh once a week. Good luck and if I can help let me know.
Missy T
Stacy C.
on 10/16/08 1:01 pm - Laguna Hills, CA
I was banded on 9/2 and I don't think I've lost a pound since I started eating solid food. I'm eating healthy (95% of the time) but I haven't been exercising at all. I just started walking this week. The good thing is, I haven't gained anything! At least I've maintained what I've lost. From the other posts I've read, it takes most people 4-6 fills before perfect restriction, so we just have to diet, diet, diet until we get enough fills!

Stacy

9cc Realize Band: 1st Fill 10/27 3cc,  2nd fill 1/22 2cc, 3rd fill 3/5 1.5 cc

Carol422
on 10/17/08 1:57 am - Orland Park, IL
My best advice is to stay off the scale...don't fall into that trap. Once a week is enough. You are still at the beginning of your journey, it takes time and doesn't come off overnight. Follow the directions from your doctors office and it will happen. Slow and steady wins the race.
Carol

Most Active