1 day post opt, depressed

sandra37
on 11/4/08 1:32 am - athens, AL
well, i did it iam banded, now i 'm depressed and wondering if i did the right thing. not hurting real bad just very depressed about not ever being able to eat again. i don't know if i can do this i love food too much;
sharvey1963
on 11/4/08 2:37 am - Borden, IN

I am the same way, I LOVE FOOD...

You will be able to eat again, just give it some time.  I love Mexican food, I still eat some about once every 3 weeks, I order what I want and eat what I can and I am done take the rest home and my husband eats the rest.

I don't eat bread or drink my favorite Diet Big Red and haven't since June 29, 2008 and you know I feel so much better, not having all of that bread.

You will adjust, just give it some time.

Good Luck

Susan
Realize Band ,1st fill 3cc - Aug 14, 08,2nd fill 1cc  - Oct 2, 08
3rd fill  2cc - Nov 13, 08,4th fill1cc - Jan 8, 09,5th fill 3/4 cc - March 26, 09

wildheart63
on 11/4/08 2:59 am - IL
you can do this! we all had that "what the heck did i do"
thing in our minds. i am 8 weeks out today and i am doing it day to day.....it will get better i promise.you will eat again,just not as much
good luck
lori

Darrin D.
on 11/4/08 7:48 am - GA
Everybody goes thru that adjustment period.  For a day or two you will wonder 'what in the world was I thinking' then you will start seeing the scale move down and it will all come back into perspective.  There is no food that is off limits forever, some things you will have to change the way you eat them and others you will be able to tolerate only in very small portions, but you will still be able to enjoy them. 

Dont think of it as losing something, think of it as just looking at your life from a whole new angle.

2nd Fill 2.5cc's for a total of 6cc in a 10cc Realize Band
bornagain3
on 11/4/08 8:05 am - Scottsville, VA
Sandra:

Now that I am on solid food, I have not found anything yet that has made me sick or hurt.  I don't eat candy, cake etc.  I usually only eat 1/2 piece toast with some breakfasts, though today I did have a whole grilled cheese sandwich with a small bowl of soup for lunch and it hasn't done anything bad to me yet.

Having 20 pounds gone, feeling better, getting off the diabetes medicine has meant so much to me!  No, I don't want to just loose 20 pounds, I have another 80 or so pounds to go, but I know it will not happen over night. I will be overjoyed when I get down 50 pounds and expect to do that before the end of 2009. Who knows, maybe it will be more than that.

All I can do is try to live my new lifestyle and let God do the rest.  I want my God to be God not food.

Hope you feel better about all this soon.  Can't wait until you have done this 2 weeks and see a weight loss!

Blessings,

Jeane
Robin H.
on 11/5/08 12:46 pm - palm harbor, FL
Hello!

I am way new to all of this as I just attended a seminar tonight for the first time  but I really think Darrin hit the nail on the head with this comment "others you will be able to tolerate only in very small portions but you will still be able to enjoy them"

If we had been able to enjoy the food we love in small portions to start with, we wouldnt be where we are today....needing to lose weight.    My reason for wanting the surgery is just this....I need something more than just my willpower alone to pull me away after having that "small portion"!   Seems like the band is just that tool that I need to help me pull away and be happy with the smaller portion!

Robin
Serenty
on 11/6/08 1:15 am - GA
Excuse me....who says that you can't eat again.....you just can't eat the amount that you are used to having....Praise the Lord for a new start and be happy that you were able to get this opportunity to save your life.
Yes, from today  you will be eating smaller portions.After your 6-week soft foods you will be back to eating regular foods BUT only in smaller quantities.
Cheer up- you are not alone in this journey- be encouraged.
Serenty.
renee K.
on 11/10/08 11:41 am - Augusta, GA
I am right there with ya!  I was banded Nov 5, my head hunger makes me want to eat whatever is in sight, its a battle that my body will win and so will you!!!!
Its gotta get better, it sure cant get much worse, right?????!!!  Head hunger is probably the WORST!!!!!!!!  Drink water and walk and sleep if all else fails!

Most Active