Vomit Phobia

tphillipslaw
on 11/6/08 2:39 am
RNY on 01/12/09 with

My lap band surgery is scheduled for 12/3/2008.  I am absolutely psycho about vomit.  I think I would faint if I thre up.  I have not thrown up since I was 9 years old.  I have been reading all of the posts and I am getting very concerned about throwing up.  I am about to change my mind about the surgery.

Is there anything I can do to prevent vomiting after being banded.  I will do everything in power to prevent vomiting.

bornagain3
on 11/6/08 4:20 am - Scottsville, VA
I have not thrown up or even had acid reflux since my surgery Sept. 29th.  Just eat slow (when you can, eat only a little, and chew chew chew.

Jeane
Carrie C.
on 11/6/08 5:56 am - Harrah, OK
Throwing up is not common unless something is wrong. You will servive. It will be OK.
Carrie  Banded 3/19/2008              H276/S222/C168/G140

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wIU59aJ/
Bratty_Nicole
on 11/6/08 11:58 am - Aurora, CO
I am going to be honest with you, there were 3 times I felt like I was going to throw up (all of them were the week after surgery and due to meds and anesthesia I'm sure since it was times I was still on liquids).  I HATE throwing up so much I REFUSE to ride roller coasters because of it. 

Other than right after surgery, your chances of throwing up depend on how you eat.  Like I said, you might feel sick after surgery and unfortunately you may throw up because of it.  If you do, it won't be the end of the world, your surgeon makes sure to stitch your band down just in case.

Good luck and don't worry!  You will do great! 
~Nicole  

I joined the Realize Band - 10/2/2008 

My blog:
www.nickleinapickle.blogspot.com
Most Active