Regrets?

dollyctimeforme
on 11/10/08 1:15 pm
Hi I am the new gal on the block will see surgeon on Nov 26.  My daughter went to Mexico 2 yrs ago for the band she keeps telling me I should get a by pass.  So do any of you have regrets and wished you had chose a different WLS?  OPEN FOR COMMENTS. Thanks Dollyc
renee K.
on 11/11/08 2:15 am - Augusta, GA
Im a brand new bander, but i can say for me ABSOLUTLY NO REGRETS!  It may be slower than bypass, but this is what is right for me!

Serenty
on 11/11/08 4:32 am - GA
Renee,
 How did you get banded on 11/08 and lose so much weight already?
Serenty
happy2beme
on 11/11/08 4:10 am - AL
I am nearly 6 months post op with the Realize band and have lost 58lbs. I ABSOLUTLEY HAVE NO REGRETS. Of course everybody's body's and situation's are different. It all depends on each individuals health, bmi, and their weight. Each person should discuss the options for them with their Doctor. My Dr. actually decided that the band was better for me. Because he said that the gastric bypass WLS surgey in his own words said "It would be overkill for me". I am very happy with the band. Again everybody is different and if an individual needs to lose a considerable amount of weight the gastric bypass WLS loses much faster than the band, with the band it is at a slower rate but it's all worth it in the end. In my opinion it really shouldn't matter how fast it comes off it's more importantly that it's coming off. Good Luck.   

Highest:220 lbs ~Surgery:180 lbs DOS:5/13/2008 ~Current:115.0 lbs ~Goal:115 lbs

Happy2beMe

tbines401
on 11/17/08 10:08 pm - Columbia, SC
You have done well I am happy for you. I just hope and pray I do well. My surgery date is Dec 2 and I am hoping and praying I do well. I am excited and nervous at the same time but my faith will keep me.
Darrin D.
on 11/11/08 4:52 am - GA
I am 10 weeks out with my Realize Band, I have no regrets.  I am 35lbs down since surgery, 55ish lbs down total.  What kind of surgery is best for you is entirely up to you as a person.  What might be good for your daughter might not be what you need/want.  Research, research, research.

2nd Fill 2.5cc's for a total of 6cc in a 10cc Realize Band
audreynicole
on 11/12/08 9:56 pm - Friendswood, TX
Hi my name is Audrey and I had got my realize band on March 14th of this year.  I am currently at 180 pounds and feel great.  I will be happy to talk with you or answer any questions you may have.  I will be honest since there are some things I love about my band and some things that I can not stand. 
**Live-Laugh-Love**    Before Band/Current/Goal
       Audrey  
             253          180     143

Bamagirl1
on 11/13/08 2:36 am - AL
I am going for my first visit with the surgeon and nutritional counseling on Dec 3. I am a self pay patient and I am really nervous because if I have a complication I will be in big trouble, financially.  When I read all the symptons that people are having, it makes me think twice.  Have you had complications, how much weight have you lost, what are you eating?
audreynicole
on 11/13/08 10:52 pm - Friendswood, TX
Hi...I have lost a total of 73 pounds.  I haven't had any complications.  I think that I eat pretty normal.  The only difference is that I eat a lot less and take my time when I eat.  I also gave up eatting crap.  You know like soft drinks, cakes, candies and so on.  E-mail me and I will send you my number so we can talk.  There is lots to worry about before surgery and lots to think about.  There are days I really love my band then there are days that I hate it.
tbines401
on 11/17/08 8:41 am - Columbia, SC
Hi my name is Tara and I am going to have the Realize Band Surgery on Dec 2 and I am trying to find out all I can about the dislikes as well as the likes. Can you please send me a message regarding my concerns.
Most Active