realize band vs. lap band????

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/08 8:59 am
what is the difference between the realize band and the lap band????? any info would be great..........thanks
jjmollen
on 11/14/08 1:46 am - Bartlesville, OK
They both do the same thing and are put in the same.  The lap band holds 3 ccs of saline and around the collar, there is about 1/4 inch of plastic that is against your stomach.  The Realize
band is padded with saline totally around your stomach, and holds 10 ccs of saline.  I chose
the Realize band because of the padding and saline totally around, and the benifit of more
adjustments from the 10cc (which the maxium they fill is 9cc).  My doctor gave the the choice,
but had both of them in his office to show me and explain the difference.  Hope this helps.

3grlsmom
on 11/16/08 12:23 pm
 The Lap-Band is a 10cc band also.  It can hold even more than that - up to 12 cc's!  It also has saline all around the inside.  The only difference is that there are chambers of saline rather than 1 chamber.  Other than that they 're exactly the same. The Lap-Band Board seems much more active ~ and a band is a band is a band I am told.  We just had a get together yesterday.....many Realize folks and Lap-Band folks.   EXACTLY the same - there seemed to be absolutley no difference at all.
Karen in NJ 

cassi75474
on 11/15/08 11:21 pm - West Tawakoni, TX
In essence they are pretty much the same.  My doc said that the realize band is a little more patient friendly.  There is an online part that allows you to utilize tools to monitor what you eat, exercise, and other things.  Get recipies, and allow your doctor to keep tabs as well.  The port is supposed to be lower profile than the lap band.

I did get the Realize band and I LOVE IT!

Losing weight and loving it!  Feeling better every day!

Most Active