lap band with gastric plication

ttny007
on 4/8/11 7:14 am - NC
Adjustable Gastric Band on 06/10/11
Hello
I am researching my options for WLS and decided to get the band, I went to a seminar yesterday and the surgeon was talking about doing the lap band with gastric plication.  Does anyone have any imput on this subject???

Thanks
Hislady
on 4/8/11 9:19 am - Vancouver, WA

I haven't read anything positive about it, it's a new procedure so not alot of people have done it. Personally I would just go ahead with the VSG because it has proven to be very effective.

Tom C.
on 4/8/11 9:48 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
I think this is like getting a combo band and sleeve procedure.

Here is a Google result on Gastric Plication

www.google.com/search

And Google result on lap band Gastric Plication

www.google.com/search
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Stephanie M.
on 4/9/11 1:22 am
There is no way I would consider plication...I think that airhead74 has had this, she hangs out on the lapband board.  Hope this helps!

www.obesityhelp.com/.../Lapband-in-combo-w-Gastric-Plication -anyone-else-had-this/

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Kate -True Brit
on 4/9/11 4:40 am - UK

There are now two or three people on the lapband board who have this combined procedure. I don't know enough about it to give an opinion but I have read some rather negative reports on the g.p.

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

crystal M.
on 4/9/11 6:35 am - Joliet, IL
I have actually read that with the plication the folds of stomach can be cut off from blood supply and the part of the stomach that is with out bllod supply can die.  I don't have a link to share with you because I read it on here when someone else posted the link.  I would say really do your research and consider the newness of the procedure and talk to others that had the plication.  they would help you moree than I can. 
Most Active