Horrific left shoulder pain!!!!!!!

Katie Keane in New
York

on 5/3/11 6:19 am - NY
Had no gas after the surgery. Then a little developed. But, this isn't that. It has been building for a couple of days. Used heating pad, moist heat. nothing. Went full force
this afternoon.  The doctor had given me .percoset, but I had no pain that needed that. Had to take one!! I thought I read somewhere on the site,  about this being a side effect some people experienced. Any info guys?????????? Katie in New York

Katie Keane

Kim H.
on 5/3/11 8:30 am - Duluth, MN
I have heard of it being because of the air they fill you up with in surgery that it can hurt in your shoulders for, sometimes, weeks. Did not experience it that long myself..only about a week or so. Hope this helps

~Kim~

Katie Keane in New
York

on 5/3/11 10:49 am - NY
Thanks Kim for the help.
Katie Keane

Tom C.
on 5/3/11 9:30 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Left shoulder pain is quite normal after surgery. It’s the gases that they put in you to “move things around" trying to escape. Gas moves UPWARD and towards the left (I would guess because that’s where the heart is located).   It may take a few weeks for it to pass. Call your Doctor just to make sure.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Katie Keane in New
York

on 5/3/11 10:52 am - NY
That's what I thought I had read on the site, lucky me.  This to will pass I hope!!!
Thanks Tom for the info. Katie in New York

Katie Keane

Heather S.
on 5/3/11 3:15 pm
Katie,

I had the same terrible left shoulder pain it was horrible, I did a lot of things to soothe it, walked around, did the heating pad, eventually it cleared up.  However if you are in excruciating pain and it is unberable I suggest that you call your doctor right away.

I had the pain in my shoulder for about 2 days and then all of a sudden it was gone.  Poof just like that I'm thinking that yours will clear up as well.
Thank You,

Heather

Kim H.
on 5/3/11 10:18 pm - Duluth, MN
Mine lasted about 2 weeks and then like Heather so eloquently said, "Poof it was gone"..but like Tom said, if it too bad, call your doctor.

~Kim~

Katie Keane in New
York

on 5/4/11 7:11 am - NY
Thanks Heather for the advice.  Yesterday, I had to take two pain pills to get relief
for the after noon and night.  I heard from others they're had it for weeks, bite your tongue. Today, I took one early this morning, and so far so good.  Seeing my Dr. tomorrow, will check it out. Thanks a lot for the feedback.  Katie in New York

Katie Keane

Amy B.
on 5/4/11 10:45 am
Unfortunately, I have had shoulder pain since I first had my surgery and that was 2 1/2 months ago. It's my right shoulder though and being that long, I'm pretty sure in my situation may be a torn rotator cuff :( Hope your's goes away soon!
Most Active