to the future.

kica89
on 1/17/12 10:50 am - FL
REALIZE Band on 01/20/12 with
Let me start with this... This is my first post about the decision I have made to have this surgery done....so Im not really sure how this whole thing(blogging) works lol.

I have my surgery this Friday at 7:30!!!!!!!! I feel like a little kid going to disney for the first time, 
I havent really been this excited for anything in a long time, Im finally doing something for me and  
I have to tell you it feels amazing =] With that being said...I have a few questions that maybe some of you guys could help me with.

I know that everyone is different...but how long on average did it take for you to heal?
Is there anything that I should doing(other than what the doctor says) that can help the healing process ?

Thanks
Kristen =]
Tom C.
on 1/17/12 6:15 pm, edited 1/17/12 9:29 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Kristen,

Firstly, WELCOME to the Losers Bench in the Winners Circle!! Can't wait to see you on the bench!!

Secondly, as you said everyone is different when it comes to healing. Many factors are involved, such as how the procedure was done. For me, I was in no pain and could have went back to work in 2 days. Others I know were in pain for a month. Honestly, expect 3 to 7 days - but if it lasts longer don't be too concerned.

To speed up the healing, make sure you BEGIN MOVING AROUND. Sitting around is the worst thing. Begin walking either the first or second day. Of course I don't want you to walk 10 miles, but at least a few steps out of the house - then increase a bit longer each day.

Know we're here for you!! Keep us posted.

GOOD LUCK!!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Kim H.
on 1/17/12 7:25 pm - Duluth, MN
Kristen,
As Tom said, Welcome to the Losers' Bench!
Tom knows what he is talking about. He has answered all the questions I have had..Moving IS really important! Listen to your doctor and your WLS team....Good luck!!!

~Kim~

purple39lady
on 1/19/12 10:17 am

I want to join the Kim and Tom and welcome you.  Everyone is different,but as Kim as stated, Tom does provide excellent advice.  He and Kim have been a great help to me.  You will do fine and I understand your feelings of wanting to do something for you.  The feeling of a kid at disneyworld sums up how I felt and still continue to feel as I continue on this journey.  Every day is a challenging and worth it.  Good luck to you. 

Most Active