WEDNESDAY GRATEFUL POST

Vivian Prouty
on 10/2/12 11:01 pm - Fort Worth, TX
  Good Wednesday Morning Everyone,

We have so much to be grateful for....I know you read me saying this almost everyday in this post.   It is SO true though.   I know we all have off days now and again but  there is ALWAYS something to be grateful for no matter how big or how ittsy bittsy it is.    Today I am grateful for my past ( before WLS).    I was NOT a very  happy person in that time of my life.   Yes...I had it all....a home, husband that loves me...3 beautiful sons....but I was NOT happy due to my excess weight and all the challenges that it brought me on a daily if not hourly basis.    I remember my first visit to my bariatric surgeon and he asked me how far I could walk.   What a joke that was....I told him I could walk to my mailbox and back ( about 25 ft. ) and back but then I would be huffing and puffing for air.    I will never forget this.    Thank God today.....almost 7 yrs post op RNY I can RUN up stairs ( i don't do that really often because I could fall and get hurt at my age ).   I am SO very very grateful today for my WLS and the life that I have now.    It is good to remember and think about how life was before our WLS and be grateful for all the things this surgery has given back to  our family and our lives.    PLEASE share if you will what you are grateful for today.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Most Active