25 years ago Gastric stapling now fix it

HKT53
on 5/18/15 8:40 am - Toronto, Canada

That makes sense. Scar tissue is why surgery is longer and three days in hospital. Thanks and happy to hear your experience was easy this time. Only we know how miserable it was in the 80s. Well you make me feel so much more toward looking forward to a fix. Now I just have to wait it out for hospital to call. I have Opti-fast to take two weeks prior to surgery. I understand, nothing else but this stuff 4 times a day. Not a huge problem for me because I have only been drinking ensure for the last year and half. The odd time I would chew food and spit it out.

nellie67
on 5/18/15 3:01 pm

Please stay in touch. I care about you and your journey

HKT53
on 5/18/15 4:10 pm - Toronto, Canada

Thanks so much. I will keep in touch. So much more to know. For the last three weeks, my surgeon has requested hospital to advise when my surgery can be booked. I received all my documents but the hospital has not contacted me for a specific date. Tomorrow I will be calling the surgeon's office again to ask why so long. I was approved last Sept but apparently the bariatric dept at the hospital only input my name and not any other history detail. I have been going to classes to learn about the surgery. On April 1st I was advised by the hospital that there is no detailed record of me. Turns out data entry clerk simply input my name and left all other detail in the back of the drawer. For which I was blamed for not staying on top of things. Now since April 1st, my records have been brought up to date and the surgeon apologized for my unfortunate long wait. Still no date. On one hand, I say it is a sign and not to push and the other hand, why cant I get this fixed now.

HKT53
on 5/22/15 10:49 am - Toronto, Canada

Still no date set for RNY...most likely end of August. I was looking to friend you from the list of members but cannot find your user name. My first name is Helen. But I can always send this kind of message. How are you doing?

HKT53
on 5/22/15 3:02 pm - Toronto, Canada

Thanks for friend request so I can keep in touch. Very weak today. Jus****er and earlier protein drink. No word when my surgery is scheduled. Likely end of August.

nellie67
on 5/22/15 6:58 pm

Have you considered beginning bariatric pre op vitamins? Not sure if you can keep them down, but might be worth trying. 

HKT53
on 5/22/15 9:57 pm - Toronto, Canada

Funny you should say that. I saw an internal medicine dr. to give the green light for surgery. My blood pressure way down, my sugar level way down and we discussed that I am very low in Iron, Vitamin D and B12. So he tells me to ask my family Dr. for b12 shot. I should go get liquid Ferron for Iron. So I get the B12 filled and my family Dr. gave it to me but said I did not need it. He told me I could take liquid Iron but his thought is for me to eat more red meat. I laughed and asked him if he has been listening to me that I cannot tolerate any meats.He told me not to worry that my levels in my hemogloben are low but not a problem. So what other vitimins should I take. I have this stuff called Opti-fast that I am to drink four times a day for two weeks prior to surgery...it has vitamins in it. But waiting to hear when my surgery is scheduled before I take it.

nellie67
on 5/23/15 2:32 pm

My surgeon has me drinking three Carnation no sugar added Breakfast drinks until I start eating normally. He said the drinks will supply the vitamins I need.

nellie67
on 5/23/15 2:34 pm

Replied too quickly. Looks like the Optifast has the nutrients.

HKT53
on 5/23/15 2:42 pm - Toronto, Canada

I got the Opti fast with me and I got Carnation no sugar breakfast drink. Thanks. I wasnt going to open the opti-fast until I had to take it but I heard it tastes fine. Besides I went to store and bought small bottles of no calorie syrup to add flavour to my drinks. My Dr. thinks that if it is syrup and no calories, it must be made of plastic. LOL

Most Active
Recent Topics