Had my Apollo Overstitch revision.....

StellaLove
on 6/23/21 10:17 pm

Hi

Thanks for sharing about your revision. Looking back , was it worthy? Thinking of having it done as well but need as much info as I can.

SuSu2
on 7/18/21 6:17 pm

I just had the Apollo procedure and am optimistic. I had RNY surgery in 2003 - 18 years ago. I haven't felt any restriction for a long time. Well, when Dr. did endoscopy, he told me my pouch is still fine but my stoma had stretched to 35mm!

I am just 4 days out from the procedure and have progressed from clear liquids to full liquids (translate - protein drinks). And I definitely feel it. I am struggling to get the protein and water requirements in.

So, I am hopeful!

White Dove
on 7/20/21 5:39 am - Warren, OH

I hope you will continue to post and share your results on this board. We have hundreds of posts from people who had the procedure, but never have I seen a follow up post which tells what happened after newness of the procedure wore off.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

ShadyC
on 2/27/22 3:26 pm
VSG on 10/31/13

Any updates?

Nicolex101
on 6/13/22 8:41 pm

Hello! Im wondering how someone's overstitch worked out for them! I had the by-pass over 18 years ago and want to do the overstitch and lose 50 poinds

after having 3 babies. :)

thank you

White Dove
on 6/17/22 6:50 am - Warren, OH

I have been watching this revision board since 2003. Many people have had overstitch. Not one has ever posted losing more than 20 pounds. That 20 is from the liquid diet before and after surgery. They gain it back once they go back to solid food. Nice money generator for the surgeon. To lose weight again you must eat less calories than you burn. Join Weigh****chers, track everything, go to meetings, weigh on schedule. Set a goal and achieve it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Recent Topics