Who's a size 12?

~ Lexipro ~
on 7/4/08 9:44 am - SC
This chick - recently crowned Miss London, is a size 12. Kinda puts it in perspective. (btw she was turned down for being too fat by modeling agencies: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1025639/Size-12-wo man-told-big-model-agencies-compete-Miss-England-title.html) Size 12 model Leah Green

Lexi -  Size 6-8 and holding.

(deactivated member)
on 7/4/08 10:03 am
If she's a 12..I'm a size 20.  Is this a British size 12 ~ like stones or something?? If you ask Teresa from NYC...anything over a size 8 is a plus size model...isn't that sick?!!  Or maybe I should say, a size 8 model..models for plus size clothing. It's ashame the standards that the WORLD puts on women's bodies and sizes... Dawn
~ Lexipro ~
on 7/4/08 10:06 am, edited 7/4/08 10:06 am - SC
According to this thingy - a UK Size 12 is a US size 10. http://www.onlineconversion.com/clothing_womens.htm I was wonderin why MY size 12 doesn't look like HER size 12 lol Edit: I was just lookin for pics of size 12 women because *I* am havin issues seeing the size 12 me. But - I think most of that is my stomach area.

teresaNnyc
on 7/4/08 10:18 am - new york, NY
That sizing depends on the designer. If you look at high end designers like Roberto Cavalli or Armani you'll find a US size 10 and a European 14--their cuts are very different than ours.

201 pounds lost since surgery!! And I'm 2 1/2 inches taller too!!

And YES I still eat Carbs and Fats but I know what portion control is!!

Surgery Date: 6/5/07
teresaNnyc
on 7/4/08 10:11 am - new york, NY
For starters that photo she is not a size 12, this photo is old from a few years ago she put on weight since. And she's older now. In her run for the pagent title she is actually a size 16. In modeling women size 8 and above are considered plus size models.  Yes, I get the real life thing that a size 8 is normal but this is fashion and modeling. As for the contestant not getting signed with an agency -- let's just say the plus size models in Europe have to be on top of their game--very tone, fit, well porportioned and sad reality is (I've seen the girls bikini picture) she is not tone or fit. I'm sure I'll catch hell for what I just posted but those are the realities of  modeling whether we like it or not. Being that I work with plus size models and designers it is rare that you'll ever see a high end plus size designer use a model who's over a size 16.  Sorry to all those who are opposed to this idea but reality is I and others in plus size fashion prefer to see our clothing modeled on fit, toned women rather than those who let it all hang out--and I say that having been in the later of the two choices.

teresaNnyc
on 7/4/08 10:16 am - new york, NY
http://abcnews.go.com/International/BeautySecrets/Story?id=4 520389&page=1 This is the most recent head shot I could find and as you can see the photo you posted and the one from ABC -- well they are different. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-552792/Size-16- Miss-England-hopeful-Chloe-unveils-curvy-look-official-bikin i-shoot.html This is her official photo for the pagent and she is a size 16. For modeling if she were toned she could possible get signed but I have a feeling the agents would tell her to hit the gym and drop 15 pounds and come back after she does. (Again I'm sorry to those who this offends it's the business I'm in and that I know. I understand it's not fair but it's fashion)

~ Lexipro ~
on 7/4/08 10:21 am - SC
That's Chloe Marshall - not Leah Green (girl in my photo)

teresaNnyc
on 7/4/08 10:25 am - new york, NY
I apogolize I wasn't aware there were two plus size women competing. My post above may give some insight into the plus size modeling world. Also know all models (paid ones not those who just call themselves models) must be at least 5"10 by European standards and 5'8 in the US

~ Lexipro ~
on 7/4/08 10:27 am - SC
Shoot my THIGH is still plus sized - I was just lookin for some size perspective lol

AmyBeth :)
on 7/5/08 2:44 am - Fort Smith, AR

So what your saying Lex is that I should name my thighs, lol! Cause I got two models with me.

AB

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 363 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 198 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 118 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 13 views