Experience with vitacost.com or luckyvitamin.com?

queenb73
on 9/15/09 4:40 am
Hi folks!  Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with either of these online supplement stores.  I normally shop at Vitamin Shoppe (both stores and online), but their prices are high.  Money is really tight for us right now, so that's why I am shopping around for protein powders and vitamins.

Luckyvitamin.com and vitacost.com have prices that are much lower than Vitamin Shoppe, but I've seen some terrible online reviews - people receiving expired or nearly-expired products, rancid EFA products, damaged or missing items, terrible customer service.  Has anyone had anything like this happen?  Or do you think these negative reviews are flukes?

Thanks in advance for your help!
kellieb71
on 9/15/09 4:42 am - Raleigh, NC
I've used Lucky Vitamin, and haven't had any problems with them.  It's been a while since I ordered from them (I stocked up the last time I visited) but I'm planning on going back when I need to stock up again!

I've not heard anything about Vitacost however.

Hope this helps :) 

Kellie
  Day by Day.

ejjy
on 9/15/09 4:49 am - Watertown, MA
i have had only excellent experiences with vitacost.com.  their shipping is not the fastest, but it's reasonable and i think it's a flat rate (or it used to be).

RNY 6/16/09 - Last weighed 10/27/2011 weighed 151 lost 52 pounds  66% toward personal goal  of 125, six pounds from unofficial unpretentious goal of 145lbs......basically very happy.   boo-rah, RNY!

azreggie
on 9/15/09 5:33 am - Tucson, AZ
I buy my Nectar protein from vitacost and have never had a problem.

Reggie

penny05474
on 9/15/09 5:42 am
I have been ordering from Vitacost for years without a problem.  Sometimes the boxes are beat up, but that is from the shipping company.  I have only ordered twice from Luckyvitamin, but no problems either time.  Lucky wraps their product with so much bubblewrap I don't know how anything could get damaged in transit.  I know personally I would be more inclined to write a bad review if I had a bad experience than I would be to write a glowing report when I received everything as expected.  I would not hesitate to order from either.  Sometimes I get my vitamins cheaper at Walmart, the drug or grocery store when they have a buy 1/get 1 deal.  I have also gotten deals at Drugstore.com, for new customers they sometimes have free shipping with a $25.00 order. 
ravengrrl
on 9/15/09 11:40 am - Thornton, CO
I use Lucky Vitamin for almost all of my vitamin/supplement purchases and have for well over a year.  I have never had any problem with an order- nothing broken, nothing expired, nothing missing, and nothing rancid.  Those people who have complained about rancid items obviously ignored Lucky Vitamins cold pack and shipping warning on items with the potential to spoil.  They pack the heck out of their items, so breakage is probably few and far between.  Typically, they have the lowest prices on just about everything.  I highly recommend them.

http://theincredibleshrinkingfattie.wordpress.com/ H/W: 375, S/W: 300, C/W: 285

queenb73
on 9/16/09 1:17 pm
Thank you all for the advice!  As it turned out, I received a 20% off coupon for Vitamin Shoppe, so I went in today and stocked up.  With that discount coupon, their prices were similar to luckyvitamin and vitacost.  I'm going to order some protein powders from luckyvitamin, so we'll see how that goes.  Thanks again for being so helpful!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views