sip, sip ,sip

rpickens72601
on 3/30/11 8:46 am - MI
I am 8 days post-op and have no problem drinking, i dont sip but i dont gulp either, my pouch accepts everything i put in it except greek yogurt, and chocolate pudding....put everything ele is a go.. i fell like something is wrong i can drink not alot but as much as i can b4 im full and i have no problems none at all. i even tried popeyes red beans(NO RICE) add some water to losen up and it went down just fine, no problems at all..is this normal and my incisions are healing perfectly,I am down 20lbs since surgery, i feel wonderful, im starting to question did this MAN DO THE SURGERY OR WHAT..

have anyone else experience the no sipping and your pouch accepting everything..
hasemom
on 3/30/11 8:54 am - Wahiawa, HI
I'm 8 wks post-op and can take a normal drink.  I even asked my nutritionist if this was ok and I was told yes.   But everyone's different so check with your nutritionist to be safe.
lonnypaul
on 3/30/11 8:57 am - Miami, FL
 RPickens, I also have been blessed with not having any issues drinking and my pouch accepting pretty much everything I've thrown at it.  I haven't been as adventuresome as you to try something from Popeyes, but as you said, it seems like we never even had surgery right?

Well, the only issues I have continue to be "plumbing related" (as I like to call them.).  I have had several nights where I was up every 30 minutes to run to the bathroom.  The noises which come from my intestines sometimes is pretty darn loud, and some days I have horrendous gas.

Otherwise, until I started eating 'normal food' two days ago, I never could experience the "full" feeling.  NEVER when I'm drinking something - I truly believe I could drink a 2 liter bottle of Crystal Light and never blink.  Should my pouch retain liquid before expelling it?

Glad to hear your weight is dropping off, I am a little behind you and 2 weeks out post-op.  I'm not sure if weighing myself everyday is what I SHOULD be doing, but I am and sometimes it makes me crazy when nothing moves or it moves UP!  There is no way with like 400 calories a day that I should be able to GAIN anything!

As to my incisions, they have healed nicely although I found that steri-strips in a vertical orientation kept the wounds from being "pulled open" with the weight of my abdomen, so once their tape fell off, I taped it up with two strips vertically.  I even tested it on 4 of my 6 wounds, and they are all without redness or inflammation, whereas the other two are kind of "dimpled" below my normal skinline and a bit red.  Yesterday I retaped those two to hopefully get them on the right track with the rest of the wounds.

Keep up the great work and don't complain - we can actually eat without much drama.  I'm just too scared to eat too much to make me sick... so I guess I play it kinda safely. 

Lonny Paul -Miami, Florida
http://www.lonnypaul.com

ANNI D.
on 3/30/11 9:03 am
Your post is hilarious! I've thought about posting the same thing! Did he even DO the surgery? Since I was able to have drink I can drink normally. I have absolutely no problem getting in all my liquids and about that much more. I have to have something to drink at all times except when I'm eating. Before I was a week out I could eat oatmeal, because I was at a resort in Mexico and couldnt find the stuff I needed in the Mexican Wal-Mart! I've finally decided to eat chicken and mayo tonight. The only reason this is the first time is because I'm following my sureons rules. I have no problems with anything. I accidently ate a caramel greek yogart with 19g of sugar last night and I was soooo sared I was gonna dump...nope. I was wondering if this was normal too!! I've only lost 14 lbs in almost 3 weeks though...
I only strive to be, the kind of person my dogs think I am!                               

Of the choices we are given, it's no choice at all....
                                             -Patty Griffin

rpickens72601
on 3/30/11 11:10 am - MI
Lonniepaul...yes that was playing it on the wild side with the popeyes...lol...and as far as those horrible stomach growls yes i get them all the time, fell like jack nicholson turning into the wolf inside my stomach.

And for the weight lost i dont no how much you had to lose or your weight in the beginning..I was 345 day of surgery and tonight just weight again i am 324.4. I didnt have a pre-op diet so no weight was lost before surgery , and from what i have read the weight lost depends on how much weigh the person have to lose...and me being a female 5'11 345lbs, size 22-24 pants and a 13 shoe i can say i have a good amount to lose, i can say i can see the weight loss i have room in a 3x jogging pants to where b4 they was snugged...

I do exercise everyday, i walk the treadmil 30min. twice a day, i drink alot of water and crystal light, i take my protein shot 42g in the morning so that 42g out the way and get the rest in the liquids or carnation instant breakfast with ff milk, and i always have sf hot coco with ff milk b4 bed to get my last dose of protein...

I truely understand bout being blessed and to have a COOL POUCH...i just thought either i was loosing my mind or this dr. is running a scam on my insurance company....

thanks for the response since were so close together maybe we can be friends and share recipes..-
AMRubel
on 3/30/11 11:53 am
I always say that my doctor poked 5 holes in my stomach and sent me home with one ounce cups!! I feel wonderful and at times forget I had surgery! 
Adrienne    
Highest Weight - 263.2  Surgery Weight - 247.40  Current Weight - 148.5   

*Total loss includes 15.8lbs lost on surgeon required pre-op diet.   
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 180 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 251 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 303 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 262 views