Fast Food Places

BritsAQT89
on 4/4/11 7:36 am
What do you do when you are out and need to eat?
My hubby wants burger king for dinner and I have no idea what to get. I read something about burgers or grilled chicken sandwiches with one or no buns!!

What do you think?

martine0421
on 4/4/11 7:46 am - camp lejeune, NC
How about Wendy's Chilli. I heard that it was very good for bariatric patients and healthy as well. Not sure if you should be eating burgers and things right now.. But if you do you better chew,chew,chew!!!!

melissa22886
on 4/4/11 7:56 am, edited 4/4/11 8:14 am
If you go to burger king I would get the veggie burger if you have it there and ask for no mayo and I would just eat the veggie burger/lettuce/tomato/onion on it, no bun. They are like the morningstar veggie burgers but thicker - if you like those. That would be my suggestion.

edit: didn't realize that you recently had surgery. i would definitely avoid anything at burger king even the veggie burgers are somewhat greasy and probably would make you feel sick. 

brwneyz
on 4/4/11 8:04 am
I can't imagine anything other than chili at two weeks out.  What stage food are you on?  Anything to greasy or heavy will make you sick.
Wife to Lawrence since July 4, 2003.
Nathan June 16, 2005   Haylee October 7, 2009  
Getting help so I can live long with him and raise them to be the best they can be!                

BritsAQT89
on 4/4/11 8:20 am
Stage 3, however, I am allowed to eat meat!!

nomoresugar
on 4/4/11 8:11 am
I was not allowed solid foods for 30 days. You can hurt yourself.
Smileygrl810
on 4/4/11 8:36 am
I would do chili from Wendy's or pintos and cheese from Taco Bell. I'm only 2 days after you with surgery and can't imagine trying to eat a burger with no bun.

Highest Weight: 318 lbs
Surgery Weight: 265 lbs
Current Weight: 183 lbs
Goal Weight: 145 lbs 
jillbhappy
on 4/4/11 8:36 am - Oceanside, CA
Get him what he wants and you go home and have what you NEED. You will feel so much better for  it. You are now signed up for a new way of living and you are worth it. I cook about 4-5 nights a week for my family  usually I can can eat most of it ( I pass on Pasta and rice) but when we go out I often don't eat what my family does. At first I was a little resentful but now it is ok. I know when I eat fast food I feel crappy but if I go home and make my food I feel really great. I'm not saying I dont ever order anything but I am super careful. I do like wendys chili... see if he will settle for wendys   Good luck chickie
Jill
Surgery date 2/8/10
Start weight 264

Nothing Great Was Ever Achieved Without Enthusiasm!     
BritsAQT89
on 4/4/11 8:46 am
Wendy's sounds good except its 30 mins from the base!! On base we only have burger king, taco bell, anthonys pizza, popeyes and charlies!! 

I ended up just eating less than 1/4 of a grilled chicken patty. Which is fine I guess!! Today is the last day for a at least six months that I have to worry about that!! My hubby is deploying in the morning so I wont be eating out for a long time. Especially since I work a youth center and all meals served there are beyond healthy (to the point where I usually never eat at work since I dont like half the food) and we have to eat the same portions as the kids or less.

Rebecca G.
on 4/5/11 12:27 pm - Wilmington, NC
 My husband deployed three weeks ago and I completely ignored my diet on accident. I don't blame you for one bit, we just can't let it become a habit!!