Fast Food Places

deborahgalek31
on 4/4/11 8:41 am, edited 4/4/11 8:42 am
Get the grilled chicken with no bun and no sauces. Take the patty and pat it down well with a napkin. Cut 1/4 inch pieces and chew till you can no longer feel chunks in your mouth. Eat the chicken first and make it last at least 30 minutes. If you are too full for the veggies, that's fine...you need the protien first.

This is the info for just the patty, lettuce, and tomato:

170 calories 1g sat. fat 75mg cholesterol 2g sugar 3g carbs 4g fat 0g trans fat 30g protein 830mg sodium

If you go here:

http://www.bk.com/en/us/menu-nutrition/category2/menu-item14 2/index.html

You can customize your meal and find out the nutrition value:) Just found that!

I was going to suggest their fat free milk, but it has 14 g of sugar carbs!!!!

HOWEVER,

I would get him to avoid BK...it's the worst food for anyone...greasy nasty and full of bad bad bad calories! McDonalds snack wraps and salads or Wendy's salads or chili would be better. He should understand that you can't have BK.

Good luck!

Live Long and Prosper  \ V / ,
Debbie
BritsAQT89
on 4/4/11 8:48 am
Thanks for the info!! This is exactly what I ended up doing. I didnt finish the chicken, but I guess thats my lunch & dinner for tomorrow now.

hockeymom8016
on 4/4/11 10:20 pm - NJ
Beware of leftover chicken. It often gets too dry when heated back up and can get stuck.

brwneyz
on 4/4/11 9:15 am
Yep...before a deployment they eat everything in sight, especially fast food!
Wish him good luck, and there will be quite a transformation when he gets back!  We are PCSing in June (after the school year), but my husband is going in a couple weeks, he has to report the end of April, and then is coming back to move.  I'm curious to see if he will notice a difference in the six weeks he will be gone then!
Wife to Lawrence since July 4, 2003.
Nathan June 16, 2005   Haylee October 7, 2009  
Getting help so I can live long with him and raise them to be the best they can be!                

BritsAQT89
on 4/4/11 9:25 am
Im sure he will!! 6 weeks is a nice length of time, especially if you're doing everything you are supposed to be doing. Where are you moving to!??

I told my husband I wasnt going to send him any pics except shoulders up since we'll be video chatting. That way when he comes back the transformation at 6 months!!

brwneyz
on 4/4/11 10:23 am, edited 4/4/11 10:23 am
No kidding...after Korea and Afghanistan 6 weeks will be fine.  We are actually going to Birmingham, Alabama!  THERE ISN'T A BASE THERE!!  My husband is crosstraining from F16's to heavies and will be working with the one active duty unit that is stationed at the guard base at the Birmingham International Airport.  It's crazy, we will be 3 hours from the nearest base, living as civilians!!
Actually, I saw that you were at Minot (I looked at your info ), and everyone else in his squadron that crosstrained with him got Minot.  We have no idea why we were the lucky ones who DIDN'T GET A BASE!

ETA: We did a lot of Skyping when he was gone.  Our daughter was 3 months old when he went to Afghanistan, and I sware she thought Daddy lived in the computer!
Wife to Lawrence since July 4, 2003.
Nathan June 16, 2005   Haylee October 7, 2009  
Getting help so I can live long with him and raise them to be the best they can be!                

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/11 12:18 pm - TX
Alabama jokes aside; Birmingham is a nice place to live. I was born and raised in Alabama though I've been in Texas for over twenty years now. Isn't there a military base/arsenal in Huntsville, just a little bit away? I thought there was for some reason.
hockeymom8016
on 4/4/11 10:21 pm - NJ
Thank you and good luck to your husband. My son is in the Marines and just finishing up his MOS school.

Christina D.
on 4/4/11 9:24 am - Flagstaff, AZ
I would go for the low carb chicken tender-grill if you go to burger king.  I don't like their lettuce or tomatoes so I would get it plain with cheese and ask for a couple packets of mustard. 

Melinda A.
on 4/4/11 9:43 am - Annandale, VA
OK, I know you already ate but I eat at these places when I need to
:
Taco Bell: Bean Burrito or Chicken Burritto (don't eat the wrap) no rice
Chik Fil A: Chargrilled Chicken and Fruit Salad w FF Honey Mustard Dressing
Wendys: Cobb Salad w light ranch or chilli
Burger King: whopper junior with cheese no mayo (I just eat the meat)

I'm a bit further out than you, I think .  Just go slowly and try to bring snacks so you aren't stuck without something healthy (cheese sticks, Pb and apple ...whatever you like)

Most Active
Recent Topics