my dtr is mad at me?

NIXMOMMIE
on 4/5/11 7:49 am - NC
Oh my goodness.  She wants to go to a function at school tonight.  WEEEELLLLLLLL!!!!!  I just had surgery 6 days ago and can't drive.  I have tried to explain this to her and she is just set on going.  Today I did not even feel as though I would have ventured out in the car alone.  Why me Lord?  Oh well maybe she will want to eat some dinner tonight, if not, oh well.  I am not hungry anyhow.   LOL

keepitoff91
on 4/5/11 7:56 am
Can she get a ride with a friend?
NIXMOMMIE
on 4/5/11 8:00 am - NC
would be a great fix, but we live in the middle of nowhere and we just moved here.  My neighbors are a little anti-social so I would never think of asking them.  It is just a time where everyone has to sacrifice something.  MPO
Laura A.
on 4/5/11 9:20 am - Manteca, CA
I had surgery on a Monday and drove my daughter to the airport 1 hour away that Friday.

As long as you're not on medication that impairs you.....you could be OK to drive.

If you don't feel like you could....don't.  But it is possible.... 

Laura A.         5'3"  BW299/CW135

ncmdgirl
on 4/5/11 9:32 am
Hmm you still can't drive? Are you still on pain meds? I ask because I was cleared to drive after after about 5 days.
Just a few more steps to wonderland......and believe me I am taking baby steps (ugh).

avidreader
on 4/5/11 9:41 am - Cary, NC
LOL - I thought it said your doctor was mad at you!!!
Hope you worked something out!!

Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal
250/241/139.5/125
I have a new philosophy, I'm only going to dread one day at a time.  Charlie Brown
poet_kelly
on 4/5/11 10:12 am - OH
How old is your daughter?

Kids get mad.  At all ages they get mad.  Let her be mad.  She'll get over it.  Tell her you understand she's mad and you're sorry she's mad.  Don't try to reason with her any more because you've already explained it to her.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

tcunningham
on 4/6/11 2:30 am - Bay Minette, AL
I agree with Kelly on this one.  I know I couldn't drive until I went to my first post-op appt. which was 8 days out of the hospital and as long as I wasn't on any pain meds.  It hurt like crazy though when I had to turn to back out and stuff.  She will understand it by and by.

Timeka

cptprkchp
on 4/6/11 6:10 am

I feel your pain.  My daughter was mad as hell at me for having the nerve to have my surgery done on May 1 and her birthday is May 6.  How dare me, anyway???  I am sure she will get over it- they always seem to.  It's just hard when we want to do things for them and we just can't.  I wish you the best with your daughter!!!

NIXMOMMIE
on 4/6/11 6:25 am - NC
She was heated but did get over it. As far as driving, I was told not to drive for 7 days. I have no stitches, just Dermabond and I must say my scar is beautiful. I do not want to rip/tear it. I go to the dr next week and I am being driven there. I should be cleeared then. i went out today for a while, no way I could have driven all those places. I was worn out when I got home.