If you eat Yogurt

jdubskinny
on 4/6/11 2:57 am - NV
If you eat Yogurt  what kind do you like and how much protein in a serving?

I am currently eating the Carbmaster  bt recently found out i don't dump on sugar ( yay and NEY )
so I was thinking i can switch to a yogurt that is not carbmaster and maybe has some better flavors? 

I always stayed away from the cottage cheese with pineapple chunks because i was scared of the sugar but - now I know i dont dump I think it may be ok ( I'll still make my own and use real pineapple and no concentrate)

Just wondering

-JDUB 

sqerlygirl
on 4/6/11 3:01 am
I stick with greek yogurt and just add what flavor suger free preserves I want plus splenda....even if you don't dump...the more you cut out the sugar, the easier your body will dump fat. Plus greek yogurt has the highest protein content of any yogurt :)

Char
RNY 11/28/10 5' 6"
HW 263/SW 217/CW 130/GOAL 134
LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Stacey2268
on 4/6/11 3:02 am
Hi,

I like the Chobani greek yogurt and normally is has at least 11 grams of portein per serving and some of them have more. The pomegranet and pineapple flavors are the best! Try it i think you will like it.
lizzy46
on 4/6/11 3:03 am - NJ
I was told that pinapple was not good for me. My Nut told me to stay away from it because it can get stuck and is very hard to digest. I eat Greek Yogurt because it is high in protein.
JudiJudi T
on 4/6/11 3:03 am

I don't dump either and I eat greek yogurt now.  I usually buy the vanilla as it has less sugar and I just dump some SF strawberry preserves in it along with a handful of low-sugar granola.  I have to have the granola - it makes me chew which slows me down eating it .. it also helps it last a bit longer in the tummy.  

I have been buying the Ralphs/Kroger/Fred Meyer brand of GY - it seems to be the cheapest up here.  But when I was in California last week half the stores had Chobani on sale for $1 - so I got that.  The sugars are up in the 20s or so with the flavored ones.   You have to read the labels as the protein varies with each flavor, even within the same brand.  I try to get the ones with 14 grams per serving.    

Before/after pic in my profile.  
Surgery: Dec 2009, lost 100 lbs

amrodriguez70
on 4/6/11 3:07 am - Upland, CA
RNY on 04/05/10 with

Hi jdubskinny,

I only eat greek style yogurt 0% (Trader Joe's brand) as it has a lot of protein and sugars are very low.  I don't suffer from dumping either (from sugar, from fried or fatty foods, I do), but it's important that you stray away from the sugar anyway so as not to develop a sweet tooth.  I have a friend who had RNY and does not suffer from dumping and she developed a SWEET TOOTH that started with....you guessed it.....yogurt.  I'm so afraid to gain everything back that I just adhere to a high protein, low carb diet.  I eat carbs, but they are all complex carbs and I feel great!  I'm 2 pounds away from goal at a year out. 

Just be cautious of what you introduce to your diet.  Just because we don't dump doesn't mean we should venture on the "dark side"!!  LOL!

Have a great day and big hugs for all your progress!

steve D.
on 4/6/11 3:11 am - West Fargo, ND
Fage 0% Greek yogurt.  8 ounces has 20 grams of protein.  It is very creamy and smooth.  I add Truvia and fresh fruit or in a pinch SF Jelly.

Steve

jdubskinny
on 4/6/11 3:11 am - NV
Thanks everyone ... I will try greek yougurt ... I do know the few i had early on i did not like...

Nevr heard the bit about pineapple - I eat it quite a bit... as well as other fruits grapefruit and papaya and mango.  

-JDUB 

Lady Lithia
on 4/6/11 3:13 am
I'm IN LOVE with FAGE + SPLENDA + Berries

IN Love

Failing that I do Yoplait Light.... I dump, but most of the time I don't dump on the Yoplait Light.... depends on if it's a "dumping day" ...... when I dump on everything, or if it's a normal day where I am not dumping much.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Cleopatra_Nik
on 4/6/11 3:26 am - Baltimore, MD
Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Carbmaster no sugar added? If so, the sugar you are seeing is likely lactose and would be in any yogurt you find. So I don't think you even have to give up your Carbmaster (unless I'm wrong and they have a sugary variety in which case I'd question the name "Carbmaster") and if your ability to eat it is your basis for thinking you don't dump...you might actually be wrong.

Just sayin.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 303 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?