if anyone is having trouble finding a protein powder

melissa22886
on 4/9/11 1:25 am
i ordered some sample packets from vitalady.com and 1 was Nectar fuzzy navel. if anyone post op is having trouble finding a protein they like because it's too sweet or tastes too much like protein - i would try the sample of fuzzy navel. to me it tastes like there is no protein in it and its a combination of orange and peach flavor. very smooth taste and not sweet at all to me and i do NOT like things sweet. i'm pre op but i think i will have no problem tolerating this one post op....so just a suggestion to those having problems with finding a protein you like. i'd give this one a try
LBinSC0712
on 4/9/11 1:28 am
I got a Nectar sample pack from my bariatic pantry and I have tried the cherry and the cooler flavors and both were good.  I have been trying to get down 10 oz of regular chocolate protien with skim milk for and hour and half now and it is just not working for me.  The Nectar proteins seem to be the way to go.

melissa22886
on 4/9/11 1:30 am
i like the twisted cherry flavor also from the nectar sample too. but i can taste a TINY bit of the protein in that. for some reason the fuzzy navel tastes like a regular drink to me i could drink it all day. of course, that may change post op lol
Michelle E.
on 4/9/11 2:53 am
I like Nectar but prefer the ready to drink Premier from  Costco. Takes like chocolate milk. I also like to mix decaf with vanilla.
ohioh
on 4/9/11 5:20 am
RNY on 11/15/10 with
It's fun to see what people prefer of the Nectar proteins. They are such a hit..but the preferences in the flavors are always different!  I don't like the fuzzy navel to drink, however I love it mixed in with plain instant oatmeal with a little splenda added to it.  I use it that way all the time!  I LOVE the cappaccino. I mix it with water, a little bit of milk, some body fortress vanilla powder, some SF kahlua syrup and some splenda. It awesome!!!!!  (It's good even without the vailla powder).  That is the only one I buy a whole container of. I only buy samples of the others because I like them once in awhile.  I like the cherry once in awhile.
melissa22886
on 4/9/11 5:30 am
in the oatmeal sounds very good i'm gonna have to give that a try post op when i can.
auntiekim
on 4/9/11 11:55 am - San Jose, CA
My fave protein powders are from the BSN Lean Dessert line. I need to order more actually. DH and I have it everyday.
Kim
http://fortyisthenewfabulous.blogspot.com/
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 211 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 345 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 223 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics