Vets help me please...

rpickens72601
on 4/13/11 2:58 am - MI
I know you guys have heard this a thousand times but i am freaking out over here....ok...day of surgery i was 345 today i am 308 i have been bouncing from 308 to 310 for the last 3 days nows, I am on a puree plus one soft meal a day, i know im not getting enough protein down but liquids im getting all in. I'm not sure if i have messed up my diet or not, i dont eat bad carbs, but i have eaten, a couple bits of baked chicken, greens, spinach, i had a sauted  pork chop, tilapia, only just one of these a day at dinner time since 2 wks out as directed by my NUT...i dont eat alot because my jaws get tired of chewing before i can finish eating the whole thing so i only take a couple bites then im finished...

I havent had a protein shake since first week out of surgery they make me horribley sick, so i drink carnation instant breakfast, and sf hot chocolate, i eat peanut  butter, i also bought some whey protein shots i gagged and dry heave on them so those was a no no..

At one point i thought i couldnt dump put oh yes i can my mother in law made me some very soft turnip bottoms and i only ate about 2 fork fulls and they came up, i had some light rasberry vingereete dressing that made me dump, if i smell anything sweet i get sick in the stomach...

ok now my issue i dont go to the gym i went one time since surgery, i do go walking only once a week, could me not getting enough protein in slow down my weight loss, I havent really slipped away from my diet buti have went almost all day without eating because i wasnt hungry like i would eat a egg for breakfast and drink a bottle of water 30 min after then i wouldnt be hungry again til about 4pm..oh and i have been craving lemons just the juice i be wanting to eat lemons all day what is up with that.......
afrog777
on 4/13/11 3:08 am - Houston, TX
When was your surgery?

vervetoloose
on 4/13/11 3:16 am
It actually sounds like you are doing really well with the foods you are testing and the way you are trying things out. Three days of no weight loss is nothing.....don'****ch the scale. Keep getting your fluids, and try to increase the amount of walking to 4 days per week. The protein......I know everyone will likely advise you to try a bunch of different protein samples and that is a really great idea. I use Isopure Dutch choc protein powder in sf hot choc with whip on top and have loved it since surgery. But there is also Jay Rob and many other brands. The protein shots are not good but you didn't tolerate those anyway.

" Oh you who love clear edges more than anything...........watch the edges that blurr."

ANNI D.
on 4/13/11 3:28 am
YES THE PROTEIN SHOTS ARE WORTHLESS, THEY ARE COLLAGEN BASED, SO THEY DONT WORK FOR WLS PATIENTS. THEY ARE FOR PEOPLE WITH NORMAL GUTS!! OTHER THAN THAT, YOUR DOING O.K. YOUR BODY WILL LOSE IN SPURTS. IT WILL HAPPEN. MAKE SURE YOU ARE GETTING ALL YOUR PROTEIN AND LIQUIDS IN, THAT IS KEY, AND YOU WILL LOSE WHEN YOUR BODY IS CAPABLE OF LETTING IT GO!
I only strive to be, the kind of person my dogs think I am!                               

Of the choices we are given, it's no choice at all....
                                             -Patty Griffin

lynnc99
on 4/13/11 5:08 am
Not knowing when your surgery was, I can only guess that you are just a few weeks out.

It is normal to have a bit of a stall after a couple of weeks. Your body is just "catching on" that something is dramatically different and has a lot of adjusting to do!

If a food doesn't smell good to you - don't eat it or go near it. Listen to your body. What you experienced with the turnips was not the same as dumping. Dumping is different from vomiting and involves abdominal pain, chills, sweating, extreme fatigue, and may or may not include feelings of nausea or cramping.

My doctor told me that most problems with eating result from eating too fast, eating too much, or eating something you are not ready for. So just go slowly....you are still "Eating for Healing."

You may not feel hungry for awhile - just eat when it is time to eat. Similarly, you won't feel "full" for a while. Measure your portions and stop when a portion is done - sometimes you may feel like you "could" eat more but this doesn't mean that you "should" eat more.

I was  not cleared for exercise - except walking - for 3 weeks, and not able to do any weight bearing exercise at the gym until 6 weeks, so don't pu**** Just walk and you will be fine.
rpickens72601
on 4/13/11 8:20 am - MI
I am very sorry my surgery date was march 22, 2011
toothaley75
on 4/14/11 2:09 am - Marcellus, MI
I also got scared when I stopped losing the weight. I went almost 2weeks without losing anything. I was told NOT to worry. It's your body adjusting cuz your starving yourself. You'll start losing again. Don't worry=)
Most Active