dumping question

berrixblonde
on 4/16/11 10:04 am - NY
 if i was dumping, would i know it? or is there a very mild slight form that can occur? after i eat i feel like my pulse pounds a little bit. not fast, just harder. i also take meds for anxiety so it could be that...and the sugars i do consume are always under 8/9 grams...hmm any input?! i appreciate it!
Lady Lithia
on 4/16/11 10:09 am
My first sign of dumping, or that if I eat too much, is my heart-pounding pulse.

But you might be anxious that you WILL dump, thus elevating your pulse

Best plan is to assume you dump, and keep your sugars a bit lower than you have been.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

TamaraL
on 4/16/11 11:22 am
The first few months I dumped easily.  I dumped on greek yogurt and on dang potato soup.  It was crazy!!  I would just be careful and try to watch what you are eating when you get that feeling. 

_Donna_
on 4/16/11 11:27 am
You know, it's actually normal for your heart rate to pick up a bit after eating. You might just now be aware of it because you are anticipating it or anxious about it. 
Take notes of it before and after you eat and then ask your doctor if the increased pace you are experiencing is normal.

RNY 5-5-2011

berrixblonde
on 4/16/11 11:36 am - NY
 thats a good point. i was wondering if maybe i already have reactive hypoglycemia. my sugars were low with recent blood work..