egg drop soup?

melissa22886
on 4/18/11 8:11 am
on my puree food on friday eggs are part of it. i am wondering if anyone had egg drop soup on their puree foods and if it's ok for us to have.
mimilarue
on 4/18/11 8:22 am
I LIVED on egg drop soup.....it tasted so good and covered both my protein and my fluids, so I ate it everyday.  Not sure about how healthy it is, but at that point, I didnt really care....ENJOY!!!!  Sarah
 This is a life long journey I am ready to take...bring it on   

241 at first consult
218 day of surgery 

Ladytazz
on 4/18/11 8:27 am
I bought some packets to make egg flower soup but I don't see why you couldn't just boil up some chicken flavored soup and stir in a scrambled egg and make your own.
Rejoyce
on 4/18/11 9:50 am - Dayton, OH
My doctor recommended that I eat egg drop soup while on puree.  I never did get around to making it, but still might.

Joyce
Life is just a stage I'm going through...
HW:253  SW: 230  CW: 170  GW: 140

SI_Mike
on 4/18/11 10:30 am - NY
RNY on 03/23/11 with
I am sitting here eating EGG DROP SOUP as I type this post.  I take the soup and strain it and then add back the egg to a little bit of the broth...this way I get all the value of the egg without loading up on the broth.  Be well.

HW 484  SW 449  CW 251.5

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/11 1:58 pm - San Diego, CA
Bring 1 cup of low-sodium chicken broth with a splash of low-sodium soy sauce to a rolling boil.  While that is heating up, beat 1 egg in a separate bowl.  Once boiling, "drop" splashes of the beaten egg into the broth.  It "flowers" on its own - the key is making sure the broth is really boiling well. :)

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 374 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 341 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 192 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 218 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 124 views
Recent Topics