Sleeping on my side...

newtintn
on 4/23/11 2:56 pm - TN
 I am NOT a back sleeper, I sleep either on my side or my stomach, mainly stomach, so Ive not had a good nights sleep in over a week now and its driving me nuts sleeping on the couch. I tested a minute ago sleeping on my right side since its the least sore and it was soooo nice...propped my belling a bit with a pillow, but the only thing is thats the side my drain tube is. So it would be slightly between my body and the bed, do you think that would hurt anything? Having it compressed between my belly and the bed? 

sherri7794
on 4/23/11 3:28 pm
I feel for you because I am a dedicated side sleeper.  I didn't come home with a drain tube, so I don't know what the answer for that is....but I just wanted to say for me, personally, it took over a week (10 days I believe) before I could comfortably sleep on my side and then it was very gingerly.  Good luck and I hope you get some rest :)

Karen T.
on 4/23/11 3:46 pm - Canada
I am soooo worried about this.   I am a side sleeper as well.  I just can't sleep on my back it hurts too much.  :o(   
My surgery is on May 30th and I start my opi-fast on May 2 for 4 weeks before my surgery. 
Good luck, I hope you get a GOOD night's sleep soon.  
Dee2011
on 4/23/11 6:57 pm - PA
While in the hospital my drain was on the right side and I couldn't sleep on my back.  As you said the right side does n't hurt like the left; so I did sleep on my right side.  Never bothered anything.
grmadeb01
on 4/24/11 12:20 am - FL
for those that are not back sleepers, try propping your head and chest area up at an angle, almost like sitting up but not that far..then prop your feet up...yes kinda like a V..it may help...those couch type of pillows that looke kinda like a chair and has arms..works great...one for the head an chest area..and turn it over one for the legs....this takes the pressure off the lower back it may help unil you can get to sleep on your side..
i had a water bed, but when i was diagnosed with a very large hernaited disc, i was told to get a different bed, with adjustable base....we got a memory foam mattress and boy do i sleep very well, its like sleeping in a great big marshmellow but with my head and feet up..i do not have back pain like i use to...
just a thought to get you thru until you can sleep on your side.
have a great day
debby
girlonamission
on 4/25/11 6:23 am
I am a side sleeper too... I got a bed wedge pillow to prop me up and it really helped me. It seemed like forever until I was able to comfortably sleep on my side again, but I finally got back to normal! Then hubby used the bed wedge when he had surgery too, and he loved it. Hope you get some rest!!

Most Active