d and iron up to low end of normal but still slightly anemic

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/22/11 11:15 pm - OH
What the "Vitamin D Council" (whoever they are) suggests, however, is for a person with a NORMAL digestive system.  You do NOT have a normal digestive system!  Not only do you malabsrp fats (which is why, as Patrick explained, the dry D is what we need to be taking), but the portion of your intestine that would normally absorb the Vitamin D has been bypassed... so if you only take what is suggested for a normal person, you will not be getting NEARLY enough!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

RLP39
on 4/23/11 8:37 am
Thanks Patrick for the oil versus dry explanation.  My doctor said dry so I take dry but it is good to understand why.  So much to learn.  One very good thing about this process is all of the complete labs we get now as opposed to before when my vitamin levels were not really checked with my yearly lab work.  It certainly helps with making adjustments as we go along. 

The Vitamin D Council is just a non-profit org that promotes public and professional awareness about about the health benefits of vitamin D. They provide information on current research and studies being conducted on Vitamin D.  Of course like many non-profits in this arena they have pharmaceutical sponsors which should always be taken into account.
HW/SW/CW/GW - 257/229/151/136                      

RLP39
on 4/23/11 8:48 am
I also realized that at 145 lbs. I am not taking enough even for a "normal" person without malabsorption.  So I guess I should increase regardless of whether I go by the starting calculations on their website and increase or start out more towards the high end Lora noted.  I have almost 8 weeks before my next labs so I guess I will step it up.  I really enjoy understanding the why behind all of it.  Thanks all! 
HW/SW/CW/GW - 257/229/151/136                      

Most Active
Recent Topics