INJURED

Rustys-Gal
on 4/22/11 9:41 am - Chesapeake, VA
After working and praying for WLS for over a year, I went and injured myself this morning. I tripped while carrying the last cup of nuc med to my daughter who was scheduled for an abdominal CT. I landed on my laft side with my laft arm extended. Three hours and 8 or 9 x-rays later, the Dr says nothing is broke - severe sprain. Thank you Lord. The pain however hits that "#9 point when ever I make the slightest movement. I am really worried that this will jeopardize my by-pass surgery scheduled for May 2nd. The ER doc is hopeful w/rest, musc;e relaxers etc that I will feel better in a few days. Please, Pilease keep me in your prayers. I really need them.

Koko10
on 4/22/11 9:50 am - NC
My prayers are with you. I pray you recover quickly.

Height 5'0 HW-247; SW- 238; GW-140  

Deedles
on 4/22/11 11:03 am - Highlands, TX
Check with your surgeon about having anti-inflammatory in your system at the time of surgery. Since we're not supposed to have them without the risk of ulcers, it may effect your outcome.

Not sure...just a thought.  I'll pray it all works out for you!

Dee ..... ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>
My new G.O.A.L. ~~~~ Get Out And Live!

Includes 61lbs lost before surgery

DeeNadj
on 4/22/11 11:52 am - Malmstrom AFB, MT
You are in my prayers for a quick and painless recovery!

I had a SEVERE sinus infection 2wks before my surgery. I went in to see my PCM, who prescribed STEROIDS and antibiotics. I was a nervous wreck! But I let ALL the doctors know what was going on, what I was prescribed, and my surgeon was free to change my medication if he felt it threatened my RNY in any way.  So just let your surgeon know first thing Monday morning, and act on his instructions.
Dee
RNY March 21, 2011!! I'm feeling great!!
Busy Mommy of 4, Proud USAF Wife, Quilter, and TRIATHLETE!!               
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/22/11 12:38 pm - OH
I don't see any reason that an arm sprain would jeopardize your RNY surgery... it's not like you need to be able to use you arm for anything other than getting in and out of bed... and you could get in and out on your "good" side if the arm is still bothering you in a week.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Rustys-Gal
on 4/26/11 3:15 am - Chesapeake, VA

Thanks to all for the advice and well wishes.  I spent all weekend on the meds and rest.  Given the amount of pain that I am still experiencing, I thought it best to reschedule my surgery.  The new date is Wed May 18th,  I believe this will actually work out for the best as it will allow a little more time to get my  'do to ' list down to a manageable point.  My doc's office said the meds the ER gave me are okay - just ensure that I stop all NASAIDS 7 days before my surgery.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 319 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 239 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 300 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 72 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 72 views