How much?

Bmilitarygirl26
on 4/23/11 12:52 pm - Fort Stewart, GA
So my hair is falling out faster than I ever thought possible.  I am not to worried because my hair is so thick.  I am starting to take Biotin and I don't know if I am taking enough or not enough.  I am taking 5000 mg. once a day.  Should I be doing more?  I have been takeing it over a week and the hair loss hasn't slowed down any.  I just don't know if I am doing something wrong or not.  I hope some one can help me.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/23/11 12:54 pm - OH
The dose you are taking is a common one, but the biotin will NOT stop the hair loss... it will only help encourage the re-growth.

LOra

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Jeanne190
on 4/23/11 12:58 pm

I had surgery over a year ago and my hair fell out too.  I tried the Biotin but, honestly, I read so many posts that said the Biotin wouldn't help...also read one that said if you didn't take it BEFORE the surgery then it wouldn't help!  That one made me mad enough to ask my surgeon because I was livid they hadn't told me to take it pre-op....he told me the hair is going to fall out for a few months.  Period.  He said keep eating your protein first and make sure you're getting all your protein and taking your vitamins.  It will stop in 3-4 months.  Now it wasn't what I wanted to hear so, I kept taking the Biotin anyway....sorry I don't remember the dosage....but, he was right and my hair quit falling out after 3 months.  I personally believe it's just part of the process and there's not much you can do but, hang on until it's over.  If your hair is already thick, then I wouldn't worry too much!  My hair was already thin and I felt like I was going bald!  I simply cut my hair into a short and sassy style and went on with life!  My hair is thicker and still short at this point...I love my new style! 

Best of luck to you!

Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.  ~Lucius Annaeus Seneca, Letters to Lucilius

_Karen
on 4/23/11 1:41 pm - Clearwater, FL

I am 8 months post op and the past 2 months I have been losing my hair.  Just last week I noticed it has stopped.  I was hoping I was one of the lucky few that it would not happen to but I wasn't.  Anyways I ended up getting it cut real short like Jeanne and  hoping it grows back fast.

Most Active
Recent Topics