Recipes with protein

nellie1958
on 4/25/11 1:48 am
I am having a difficult time getting in my protein each day.  Does anyone know of a good website that has protein-rich recipes?  Thanks!
steve D.
on 4/25/11 1:52 am, edited 4/25/11 1:53 am - West Fargo, ND

I noticed you indicate you have not yet had surgery or your information is not up to date.  I would not worry so much about recipes as the types of protein you consume.  In the beginning, I would keep it simple.  IF you are on solid foods, salmon, chicken, meat have about 7 grams of protein per ounce.  So, if you have 3 ounces of salmon (again depends on how far out you are) that is about 21 grams of protein.

6 ounces of Greek Yogurt has about 15 grams of protein.

You can also supplement your intake with protein drinks.

Stay away from refined carbs, etc.  They will fill you up without much usefullness.

Again, it depends on how far out you are.  The most important thing to remember is it will get easier, just keep trying. 

Good Luck
Steve

nellie1958
on 4/25/11 2:02 am
I had surgery on 3-15-11.  I don't know how to put that on the website!!!!!!  Computer illiterate!
steve D.
on 4/25/11 3:27 am - West Fargo, ND
Congratulations and welcome to the losers bench!!  Yeah, right now getting in protein can be a challenge.  However, do the best you can.  Even after one year out, I still use a protein drink to make sure I get in enough protein. 

But I do eat protein rich foods as much as I can.  Fish, especially salmon is rich in protein and other great things like omega 3s.  Chicken breast is great protein and relatively low fat.  Greek yogurt can be made sweet with SF Jelly to make a sweet protein dish.

At this point, I still would not worry too much about recipes as far a combining ingredients.  You will want the protein to be first.  That means we consume our protein first and then work on the other stuff.  Focus on mindful eating, weigh and measure your portions, think positively, and you will succeed.

Also, think about how your experience can benefit others.  Share your successes.

Good Luck
Steve

poet_kelly
on 4/25/11 3:32 am - OH
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com has TONS of great recipes, even cakes and ice cream.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

DComstock2010
on 4/25/11 3:42 am - CA
I have found a few great recipies on bariatric foodie (not sure what the name of the website is.) I love everything I have tried! The funny thing is so does my family. I seriously love this blog and because of it I have been able to satisfy my cravings for pizza and baked mac anc cheese without even a little guilt and am still able to get in about 10 grams of protien with each serving.
RNY- 2/18/2011

Most Active
Recent Topics