Crazy (but funny) cartoon dreams....

dkwilliams1
on 4/26/11 1:19 am - AK

good morning... left work early- was SO PISSED... you ever have one of those lying, two-faced, fake- acting co-workers you just want to beat the !@#* out of??? I left before I got myself in trouble.

Anyway- today is Tuesday, and my surgery is this Thursday...yes, one day away. I am SO READY for this... yet at the same time, I am scared as crap !!! Not of the surgery,because I've done enough of them to know what's going to happen in my sleep... it's after the surgery that scares me. I keep having dreams that my surgery sites leak, like the cartoon of the guys in a gun fight, then they walk away and drink water and it comes out of all the holes in them like a sprinkler!!! or I dream that I try to eat something and I swallow it down and it pops back up into my mouth, like a Pez candy dispenser. Oh well... I just need to calm down I guess, take it one day at a time. Anyone wiling to share their "just after surgery" stories about what you ate or wish you could have eaten ???

nfarris79
on 4/26/11 1:25 am - Germantown, MD
 LOL! Those visual images are hillarious!

OK, what I wished I would have been able to do before surgery was consume ALOT more protein. Of course, my surgery got delayed by a day so that wasn't in the cards but it took me a long time post op to be able to get up to my protein goals so get that protein in as much as you can. Also wish I'd known just how much my tastes would change post op. Doesn't happen to everyone but happened to me. So have a VARIETY of protein sources on hand for when you come home. 

Take care and good luck!!!!

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

dkwilliams1
on 4/26/11 1:28 am - AK
thanks

laura_vermont
on 4/26/11 2:26 am
My just after surgery dreams were all food related for a few weeks.  I would wake up with the memory of cake..... Thankfully, they didn't last. 
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

dkwilliams1
on 4/26/11 4:14 am - AK
ahhhhhh.... cakeeeeee.....   

DeeNadj
on 4/26/11 3:28 am - Malmstrom AFB, MT
My dreams are MUCH more vivid now. Like movie theater screen vivid. I dreamed one night of going to Carl's Jr, but they didn't have ANY food, so I couldn't eat. Whatever I asked for, they didn't have. They were OUT of that. They had NOTHING. I woke up laughing from that one.

When I got home from the hospital, at night, I would wake up every hour - like I was still in the hospital. Right before I actually woke up, I'd DREAM that a nurse was coming in to my room and waking me up to take my vitals. It was one of the actual nurses from the hospital - REAL PEOPLE that I had met.  My husband said I even started holding my hand up - so she could attach the BP cuff and ***** my finger for the blood sugar test.

Last night (I'm 6wks post op yesterday) I dreamed that I was walking SOMEONE's dog (it was not mine) and I walked up to basketball player Chris Paul (New Orleans Hornets) and he told me about his new dog walking business and gave me a card with his phone number on it.

BIZARRE!
Dee
RNY March 21, 2011!! I'm feeling great!!
Busy Mommy of 4, Proud USAF Wife, Quilter, and TRIATHLETE!!               
dkwilliams1
on 4/26/11 4:16 am - AK
holy crap !!! that's kinda' cool !!

DeeNadj
on 4/26/11 5:35 am - Malmstrom AFB, MT
We lived in OKC when the Hornets were homeless and had to hang out there for the season. I worked for Starbucks at the time and a LOT of Hornets players - including CP3 and his wife used to come to my store for drinks - which was VERY cool because he is VERY approachable and kind, and LOVES CHILDREN. With them in the playoffs now, his name is in the news every day and I think it's a "power of suggestion" kind of thing with my brain.

But that would be the coolest thing ever if it came true... LOL

Dee
RNY March 21, 2011!! I'm feeling great!!
Busy Mommy of 4, Proud USAF Wife, Quilter, and TRIATHLETE!!               
Most Active
Recent Topics