Question for Female post-ops

Bonnie C.
on 4/26/11 2:14 am - Miami, FL
Hi all,

I have a question for you female post-ops... I am 4 months post-op and have lost 66 lbs. and I'm now noticing a significant size difference between my breasts.  The left one is much larger than the right.  Has anyone else had this problem?

I know that it's normal for one to be slightly larger than the other, but I'm talking about a significant difference like I can tell in the clothes I wear and my bras.  I'd say it's about a good cup size difference.

Any advice on how to get the smaller one looking the same as the larger one? 

Check out my blog for recipes and more
@
Bye Bye Pounds
HW-310/SW-292/CW-182/GW-160

laura_vermont
on 4/26/11 2:17 am
I was kind of mis-matched for a while, but it seems to have evened out?  Weird. 

If it really bothers you, I would buy the larger size bra and put an "enhancer" in the smaller cup. 
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

Bonnie C.
on 4/26/11 2:08 pm - Miami, FL
Makes me feel better knowing that it's not just me this has happened to... By any chance do you remember how long it took for your girlies to even out?
@
Bye Bye Pounds

Karly Green
on 4/26/11 3:38 am - Middletown, NJ
I would suggest going to Lane Bryant. They sell bras that have air pillows in them. You can take the air pillow of of the fuller breast, and leave it in for the smaller one.

Good luck!

Watch what I eat at myfitnesspal.com username karkar28
Bonnie C.
on 4/26/11 2:11 pm - Miami, FL
Thank you for the suggestion Kar... I might just do that!  I had no idea that there were such things as an air bra... lol
@
Bye Bye Pounds

Ran Ran
on 4/26/11 7:45 am
 Did you get the girls checked by an OBGYN? 

Bonnie C.
on 4/26/11 2:13 pm - Miami, FL
I actually never thought about going to my OB/Gyn to get this checked out, especially since I believe it's most likely due to the rapid weight loss. 
@
Bye Bye Pounds

ecteach
on 4/27/11 1:00 am - Hendersonville, NC
I hadn't lost any weight in either (it came from everywhere else!****il the last 2 months, and then I dropped some in one breat and none in the other - I can also tell in my bra.  I had my doctor check it when I went in and she said it was the weightloss, and that she wasn't surprised to see that the breast on my dominate side was smaller.  She said it was common and would likely even out - or, if worse comes to worse, the weight of them combined would probably qualify me for a reduction and lift with my insurance.  I'm all for reversing gravity! LOL.  Good luck!
"The only true disability in life is a bad attitude!" ~Scott Hamilton            
Carrie W.
on 4/27/11 2:32 am - KY
I have always been lopsided.  I'm only 4 weeks post op so I know the wls didn't have anything to do with it.  My doctors have never been concerned.  I had a mammogram a couple years ago and it was fine. 

Good luck finding a bra!  Please share with us when you find something that works!
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 237 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 266 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 312 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 269 views