swimsuit shoping help wanted

kstaal
on 5/2/11 2:43 am
I was wondering where others have found a good swimsuit for a Post OP body.  I am almost a year out adn have lost about 120lbs.  I have been keeping my out for a swim suit  I really don't want to pay an arm and a leg.  the trouble i am having is that my chest is saggy from the weight loss and most swim suits donn't seem to have enough support to keep them from sagging all over.  some suits the way they are cut I have skin spilling over the arm area.  I don't need somthing fancy just somethng that keeps things in their place...   Anyone find a good place to look at suits? 

laura_vermont
on 5/2/11 2:58 am
My problem area is mostly waist down - arms aren't pretty either - but not my biggest hang-up.  I got a wonderful swim bottom from landsend.  It's the supplex swim skirt, made of the same material that men's suits are, so it's not clingy.  I really love it.

I need a new top, someone here recommended victoria's secret for supportive ones, I'll probably check them out.  Anything that comes in bra type sizing will probably be helpful.

High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

Kim O.
on 5/2/11 3:19 am - Winchester, KY
I have lost 149 lbs since surgery and 195 from my heighest weight.  I am in a size 16 now.  My husband and our 2 kids went on a last minute weekend outing and found a hotel with a pool.  We went to Wal-Mart to get swimsuits and I was dreading it because my arms are horrible and my boobs hang down to my knees!  :)  I stole the expression from someone on OH that I used to be a 50DDD and now I am a 36LONG. 

Anyway, I picked up a suit at Wal-Mart, didn't try it on because I figured no one would be there that I know anyway.  It actually surprised me how nice it fit and that it did have good support in the bra area.  I felt pretty comfortable all in all.  Best part, only $32!  Check it out, you might find one that surprises you...good luck.

Pupcake !.
on 5/2/11 3:26 am - Stranded in, IA
I get mine from Lands End.  Always a tankini 'cause I can choose top and bottom sizes.  This first one I got had shorts which did well in hiding the inner leg skin.

Pup
kstaal
on 5/2/11 3:52 am
thanks for the ideas, I was kinda hoping for a 2 piece tankini so I could get a skirted bottom to hide my pretty inner thigh skin. the bottoms aren't  problem I was a size 44DD and now I think the one i have now is a 36C and it is starting to get big.  It seems alot of the tankini are halter tops which doesn't work.   i was at lands end website and I was contemplating if the Mastectomy suits would fit better they come up higher and alot off thm have an underwire and padding (which is he type of bra I wear now)  but I am scared to buy it online and hav it not fit and have to pay all that shipping to return and try a different size.

Jewel_in_hiding
on 5/2/11 4:03 am - Raleigh, NC

If you are looking at the Land's End swimsuits, see if you can find a Sears near you.  That way you can try it on to make sure you like the fit.  I actually found mine at Walmart.  It held my top better than anything I have ever had before.  Good luck!

Top is my progress, Bottom is to Surgeon's Goal

paranoidmother21
on 5/2/11 5:13 am - Lake Zurich, IL
Go ahead and try Lands End anyway - you can return it to any Sears store at no charge for a full refund.  And if you do their online chat with a customer service agent, they will actually go and find the exact measurements for the item you want (this was big for me when I needed to cover my sagging belly), as well as look for options in straps for you.  Additionally, sometimes you can wheedle the free shipping code from the service agent.

I seriously will no longer buy a swimsuit for anything other than getting a tan anywhere BUT Lands End.
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

Mary B.
on 5/2/11 4:34 am - Southern, MD
Not sure what size you need, but I got a great new suit from Swimsuits For All They are size 8 and up.

The quality was much nicer than I expected and was as nice as I was hoping.  I got a tankini, and it has a nice lining and very supportive.

I did find that if I ordered the pieces separately, it was cheaper than buying the combo.
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

Gillian D.
on 5/2/11 7:45 am
 If you get on Land's End's e-mail list, they send out a thing for free shipping and usually some other kind of offer almost every week.  (right now I think it's 25% off one item)  
Also, if you look, a few of them have underwires.  I have a full suit (that I use for swimming laps and such) and a tankini with both a brief and skirt bottom.  Personally, I'm a big fan of Land's End swimwear.

Alice P.
on 5/2/11 8:09 am
I have one from land's end (skirt/tankini top) and a miraclesuit I got at Marshalls for $29.99 it really sucks my tummy in!

HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 412 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?