Protein Struggle

RCOK0011
on 5/1/11 1:00 pm - CA
I am 4 weeks out and am having a horrible time getting in any protein other than what I get from the little bit of food I eat. Prior to surgery and the first week and a half after surgery I drank the protein shakes okay but then I got sick and was throwing up for about 5 days and now I cannot get myself to hardly take a swallow of one. My water intake is a bit low also. Does anyone out there have any advice for me???
Hugs and Smooches
Ramona

__Laura__
on 5/1/11 2:16 pm
What about cottage cheese or greek yogurt?  String cheese has protein as well.  Sugar Free Carnation Instant Breakfast will get you some protein as well instead of a actual protein shake.  I can't drink the protein shakes either, but am trying to stick to high protein foods to make up for it.  I eat cottage cheese, greek yogurt (chobani) and string cheese every day.  Occasionally eat peanuts as well.  I also normally drink SF CIB every morning followed by 1 egg (protein as well).  If you're not willing to drink the shakes, you have no choice but to get it from your foods.
Goodbye 260's, 250's, 240's, 230's, 220's, 210's, 200's... Hello 190's!  

Candigirl23
on 5/1/11 3:10 pm
To get your water intake up, you can try SF flavorings... That's finally what I had to do. I have found some flavoring that tastes like sweet tea... How can anyone go wrong with sweet tea? LOVE IT!!
~ THE BEST IS YET TO BE ~

NIXMOMMIE
on 5/1/11 3:37 pm - NC

Which Sweet Tea do you use.  I have been drinkin ght Wylers peach tea.  Its the only thing I can drink when it gets warm, after the ice melts.

Candigirl23
on 5/1/11 3:45 pm
I use the MiO liquid water enhancer. They have a few flavors, but I love the sweet tea. Don't put too many drops in the water though or it is overpowering!
~ THE BEST IS YET TO BE ~