Consult with surgeon today! On my way!

Amy T.
on 5/2/11 7:31 am - CA
 So relieved!  Had my consult with the surgeon today.  He said everything looked great - and he could do my surgery as early as next week!!! WOW!  

I am opting for the first week in June because of my school schedule.  I have a 3 week break in between spring and summer sessions.  Excited, anxious, nervous, and scared all rolled into one!!!

Here goes nothing!!!!
Have a great day everyone!
Amy
Amy
I am ready to be an active participant in my life rather than a spectator...  

nomoresugar
on 5/2/11 8:26 am

sounds like it is moving right along.  good luck

Amy R.
on 5/2/11 8:31 am
Congrats! And congrats that it's going so quickly! Good for you for taking charge of your life. You won't regret it!!!!

=)
remembrtherain
on 5/2/11 12:28 pm - San Francisco, CA
Amy! Congrats!! I'm so excited for you! I am also in school and opted for a time right before finals....ha. I must be crazy. My surgery was this past tuesday. I wish you all the best luck and I hope you keep us posted on your journey. Its nice to have buddies here to turn to.

California, school, WLS buddies. hahaha. Go you!!!
Amy T.
on 5/2/11 1:19 pm - CA
Amazing at the coincidences!!!  Congrats on your surgery!  How are you doing?  Have you had any issues?  I am nervous and scared.... but ready to move on with this!!!

What are you studying in school?  I am studying for my Bachelors in Fine Arts with a concentration in Ceramics.... eventually will get my MFA also...

Good luck to you and your new life... I am right behind you!  Sending you a friend request so we can keep in touch!  

Amy 
Amy

remembrtherain
on 5/2/11 1:25 pm - San Francisco, CA
 I'm doing okay, Every day at home has been better and better, which is good. I'm going to attempt class tomorrow (its just sitting behind a desk for 3 hours)....I haven't had any issues here, except at the hospital, I couldn't pee when they took the catheter out...it took me a really long time, my muscles were super tense. Otherwise, so far so good...I don't have a scale yet, so, I won't know my one week unless I go to the gym here...
I know completely what youre going through. I am still a bit nervous and scared, but you need to do everything with a positive attitude and things will get done quicker. And once you're ready, you're FOR SURE ready.

I'm getting my MFA in Television and Film Editing. I live in SF but I moved here from NYC where I did my undergrad. 

Friend-Request away! We will for sure keep in touch, I'm excited to hear about your journey. :)

Good Luck!
--Lindsey
Amy T.
on 5/2/11 2:17 pm - CA
 Sweet!  MFA Twins!!!  Awesome!  Still plugging away at my BFA.... should be finished in a year. Just went back to school at 40 after a 15 year career with the government.  So glad I made that leap.  I need to make the same leap with my surgery!  Nothing but positivity in my world right now!!!

Chat soon!
Amy

Most Active
Recent Topics