how the heck did that happen

newtintn
on 5/2/11 12:40 pm - TN
Last night I was 343.8....today Im 344.4....I didnt eat anything yest but pudding, 3 oz of pudding...which is bad I know but ive had trouble eating at 2 wks postop...but still how did that happen? Today Ive only had some ramen noodle broth and water and a popsicle... 

kb2010
on 5/2/11 12:42 pm - CO
THe wonders of being a female and bloating 29 days out of the month   Don't sweat a lb or two--it will fall off when it is good and ready. Take care.

HW:390   GW:170ish

newtintn
on 5/2/11 12:46 pm - TN
 I dont bloat anymore though not since my hysterectomy last Aug...im not gonna freak out over it but still its odd lol

TXKashmir
on 5/2/11 1:01 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
You might be retaining water from the sodium in the Ramen noodle broth? Just a stab - don't sweat a pound, though...

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

sudemo09
on 5/2/11 1:32 pm - Dover, NH
On May 2, 2011 at 8:01 PM Pacific Time, TXKashmir wrote:
You might be retaining water from the sodium in the Ramen noodle broth? Just a stab - don't sweat a pound, though...
Agreed about the sodium.  It can wreak havoc on your body.

Lots of fluids tomorrow ( not including the ramen noodle broth!! LOL)

Lady Lithia
on 5/2/11 1:54 pm
64 ounces of water is FOUR pounds

A gallon is EIGHT pounds.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

sudemo09
on 5/2/11 2:01 pm - Dover, NH
On May 2, 2011 at 8:54 PM Pacific Time, Lady Lithia wrote:
64 ounces of water is FOUR pounds

A gallon is EIGHT pounds.
Well, THAT puts things in perspective, doesn't it.  I had never thought of it that way (weigh????)

Harold C.
on 5/2/11 9:11 pm - Schertz, TX
Why are you weighing everyday.  That will drive you crazy and get you frustrated.  My advice, and I have lost 300 lbs.  Get rid of the scale.  Log all of you food and exercise.  Focus on activities and the results will  be there.  I once asked my doctor what the biggest hurdles for people were.  He said weighing too often, snacking and not making the right permanent changes.

Harold
Price S.
on 5/2/11 9:32 pm - Mills River, NC
Expect to bounce occasionally.  I don't know anyone who doesn't. 

However, in what you listed, I don't see any protein.  At two weeks, you need to be trying to get some protein in, although fluid is still the most important.  You need protein to heal and the fluid to keep from getting dehydrated and ending up back in the hospital.  If you follow your program, you will lose.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

(deactivated member)
on 5/2/11 9:53 pm - SC
You may not be eating enough.  3 ounces of pudding in 24 hours is not enough calories for you body to sustain itself.  Neither is ramen broth and a popscicle.  There is nothing wrong with eating the pudding as long as it was SF, but I would add protein to it. 

I was told that if I didn't eat enough my body would retain some weight and I may gain.  That happened to me last week.  I had a few days I wasn't feeling well and barely made 300 calories a day and I gained over 2 pounds.  As soon as I worked to increase my caloric intake up to about 500-600 calories the weight came off.  As I was 208 this morning.  Focus on getting that protein in and eating according to your plan.  I imagine your surgeon didn't tell you to eat 3 ounces a day.  I know it's tough.  Nausea is a ***** sometimes.  If you get sick every time you eat then ask them to give you some Zofran, Reglan or Phenergan for the nausea.  I had to take Reglan almost everyday  for the first couple of weeks.  Now I don't need it, but I did then.  If I didn't I wouldn't of eaten because everything made me sick.  

How much protein are you getting in daily?  I can now easily get in 90g, but most of that is in shakes and protein pudding.  Find a protein you like and stick with it.  I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm preaching at you, but you can't expect your body to thrive on so little food.  You just had MAJOR surgery.  Your body needs to heal.  It can't do that if you don't supply it with the proper nutrients it needs, especially protein.  You may find that the first few days of upping your protein you feel a little rough if your stomach is sensitive.  However, once your body starts to heal itself a bit you may feel a lot better than you do now.  

I know you've posted recently about having no energy.  Did you ever think that maybe it's because you're not supplying your body with the fuel it needs?  No amount of B-12 can help with that.  Again I'm sorry if you take this the wrong way, but I'm only trying to help.  Just focus on getting your protein in.  Make a goal of 40g a day for now and then increase it once you get to that level and stay there.  I think once you start to do that the scale will move.  

I can't tell you not to weigh daily.  I do it, but I also realistically know that if I gain it is likely water weight.  If the scale doesn't move for a few days I evaluate what I'm doing and may change something up.  I don't get upset about it though because I know as long as I stick to my plan it will show a loss eventually.