Pounds per week?

berrixblonde
on 5/6/11 9:48 am - NY
 I have been loosing 2 pounds per week for a month now. My surgeons binder says the weight loss averages 3-5 pounds a week for rny patients. Could i be doing something wrong or is this just how i will loose? I lost 7 pounds pre-op and 35 since surgery on 3/14...thanks in advance!
azreggie
on 5/6/11 9:59 am - Tucson, AZ
The more weight you have to lose, the quicker it will come off.  Two lbs a week isn't bad at all, that's 10 lbs a month!

Reggie

chrisgraves
on 5/6/11 10:23 am, edited 5/6/11 10:23 am - MA
I was told 3-5lbs as well.

I work out (alot) and keep my calories low, my protein and H2O high.  but my body averages about a 1.5 loss per week.  Some weeks it's 2 and others its 0.5.  But a loss is a loss.  I couldn't loss anything no matter what I did prior to surgery so I don't get (to) discouraged.  Just think your skin will have more time to bounce back while your losing at your rate. 

Keep up the good work.  You're on your own schedule and it helps not to compare yourself to others it's less stressful that way.

5'6.5"  HW: 310 / SW:279.6  /GW:150               
cabin111
on 5/6/11 12:49 pm
Here is my little tip for losing post op...Hard physical work.  I kid you not.  Doing things like washing a car, cleaning windows, gardening, yard work, cleaning out the garage, for some reason wound kick start the weightloss.  I think it may have to do with using muscles you haven't used for awhile and getting a little sore in the process...Just my 2 cents.