Gained weight

Don27516
on 5/8/11 11:42 pm - NC
 I am almost three weeks out and I am still on liquids. I have followed the liquid diet 100%, no cheating. I lost 30 pounds really fast and the stopped losing about a week ago. This morning when I weighed I have gained 5 pounds. How did this happen? I am getting all my protein and hydrating liquids every day, and I am walking three miles a day.

Hope V.
on 5/8/11 11:46 pm - MN
Its water weight. you want to make sure you are only weighing once a week max. and do so in the morning after you have used the rest room

Kim S.
on 5/8/11 11:46 pm - Helena, AL
Focus on the fact that you've LOST 30 LBS!!  Your body is still adjusting from the surgery.  Follow the rules and put that dang scale away--only weigh once a week on the same day.

It will work as long as you do your part, and it sounds like you are.  This is not a sprint, it is a marathon...for the rest of your life.  Keep your eye on the prize and concentrate on getting your protein and liquids and walk as much as you can.

Wishing you the best on your journey!! 

Kim

Don27516
on 5/8/11 11:50 pm - NC
 For part of my liquids I had some Wonton Soup broth. Maybe there was too much sodium in the broth and I am retaining water weight.

docandkt
on 5/8/11 11:51 pm - NC
Don, I hit something similar about 3 weeks out, where I was doing everything I thought was right and I slowed, followed by a slight gain. I had a rough week or so as things sorted themselves out (including another slight gain), then I started heading south again at a fairly steady clip.

Three weeks seems to be a common time for an adjustment; just keep plugging away and you will start losing again!

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/11 11:54 pm - Boston, MA
 I stalled at 3 weeks and gained 2 lbs too.. your body is just adjusting.. it will start up again!! =)
Don27516
on 5/8/11 11:57 pm - NC
 I think I need to go #2 too. It has been 10 days. I guess I need to go get some Milk of Magnesia (YUCK).

ramos1120
on 5/9/11 1:38 am - Camdenton, MO
I would suggest Miralax but  check with your DR.  Miralax is supose to be easier on our tummies.  Good luck.  Raynetta
hazmat11
on 5/9/11 2:14 am
 Its most likely fluid so don't go crazy yet. At four weeks out I hit my first stall and didn't lose a pound for almost five weeks but I made it to goal so never give up. You are building up muscle also and it weighs more than fat.
Susie

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 4 replies · 29 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 258 views